1 Of recent onset is not being able to scroll through my albums. 2. Multiple albums not identified! or upgraded in quality. 3. Stuck in radio

I am using IntelNUC7i3BNH with WIN10pro.

1. All I can see are the first half dozen of albums.
  2. before I got stuck with radio, radio was not letting me hear more than one track from each album on the list (many of which are long playing music symphonies, opera etc.) That .was whether I chose the album or it came up as part of my radio play list.
  3. I have a about half dozen albums that are in a patterned black/gray marked only as various performers. Any jacket covers?

All of the files seem to be peripheral to my issues.I get no resolution from them…

I am running a pc designated as IntelNUC7i3BNH wit winPro as my operating system.
My problem is that when I go to scroll throgh my musical library, I find that the lthe first 6 logos. I can’t scroll.They don’t move. I assume there is an answer in the database. But I have failed to find it.Can you help, please?

Fill in the support template. Have you done basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything?
Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Hi @John_F_Leonard,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Is there any change after a reboot?

I am running IntelNUC7i3BNH with WIN 10 Pro as my operating system.
I started radio, not by design, mind you, but now I am like the sorcerer’s apprentice, the more I try to undo the problem the deeper into radio I get. I have the original one track from each album. But in addition I have an additional issue, if I go to the album wising to play the whole album, all I can play is the single track that as been designated by radio.

I am running IntelNUC7i3BNH with win10 pro
I have several albums with a gray/black patterned folder cover, marked only as “various performers”. Album covers? Story about the composer or composers? Names of the composer performer, etc.?

All music is ripped CDs. No exception

I am running IntelNUC7i3BNH with WIN 10 Pro as my operating system.
These are my general settings in Roon:

And an example of album covers greyed-out:

We figured out the scrolling issue. Thanks.

Hello @John_F_Leonard,

Roon tries to identify all music that you import automatically, but this is based on the information you have stored in the files themselves. You can learn more about this here.

Based on your above comments, it would appear that your content isn’t being identified. You can help Roon identify and clean up your collection by cleaning up your file tags with this article.

Are you able to upload a video of this?

No. It appears that there is no radio activity that I can find! How does this kind of thing come and go much to my displeasure? For instance, Right now I was responding to another thread when I diverted to settings\storage and did a search for Album Editor (unable to locate). I can’t locate that file, a support response to me that I was responding to. If I had some hair I would pull it out!

In the mean time, the problem/question remains, must I go find my CDs in storage, locate those that I think are not giving enough info to develop an album picture? Sorry o ask you, but I have lost .the other thread.

Hi @John_F_Leonard,

Yes, if Roon doesn’t have enough data to properly identify an album the best option is to add more data to that album so that it would help to display better information and possibly allow identification to occur. There are some options out there, like SongKong, that can automatically add file tags to your collection that you could look into as well.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 2 or 3 disc pieces

I have the original album and booklet that came with it. I’m sure there will be more data han you were able to get from the recording alone. How do forward that info to you? email?

Roon doesn’t generate metadata. Roon subscribes to metadata from several suppliers.

I have attached several photos of one of the albums.
John

John - that Callas album is certainly known to Roon:

What I suspect is happening is that the albums with missing covers may well be box-set albums. I often find that ripping the first album in the set will work, but subsequent albums in the set appear as separate albums in Roon and show as unidentified.

If I merge them into one album using the Merge function, then everything appears as expected.

1 Like

Tell me more about the “merge” function. For instance I found one album (opera) where the album cover is not the same as box set album cover. The track times do not coincide wit the album set track times. But it plays just fine. Why all the trouble? And finally, Is there any way multiple discs can be merged so that an opera plays through without a break to find the second disc (or third) which may be anywhere in my library? As you can see I am bamboozled

John, follow the link I gave you in my last message to see the KB article describing the Merge function.

It sounds as though you need it, if operas (which are often box sets of multiple discs) are split into multiple albums in your library.

What’s the opera where the album cover is not the same as the box set cover? And is this also one which has ended up as multiple albums in your library?