100% cpu usage for several minutes when starting roon on os x

@NickB, you got it wrong. Reporting an issue is not taking delight. At Roon developers sovereign discretion, such action is a candidate contribution to a possibly better product.

I do agree @Henry_Mcleod, that time moves on and that a vintage pc works if it works, but this is a general remark from your hand that is meant to dilute my particular report. My error report was concrete on a particular issue found and I would appreciate it if your comments would be pinpointing to the particular issue. The other players on that mac does not conquer CPU in this manner, which means the machine can normally cope.

It is an excellent alternative to use an old pc as server if it can take the challenge. That’s what this Mac is doing, and it works very well.

This report was really addressed to the particular developer of this “startup analysis”, whoever it is. If at all possible, I would have sent the observation in a private message to the developer, or to a “suggestions for improvements” type of email address (USB Audio Player Pro uses that method). This would be to avoid all types of general remarks here in a forum. A forum for a product is always flooding with heroes that are prepared to protect and defend their product at all cost and whatsoever, in its current version and status.

In reality, development to the next and improved stage of performance is taking place ful speed ahead as we discuss silly things here. It means concurrent error/bug/suggetive reporting is relevant.