100% volume at start playing

(Michel Timmermans) #1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core on linux ubuntu, latest roon build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Linksys 13035 wifi in bridge mode

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Libratone zipp mini

Description Of Issue
When starting to play music on my wifi speaker Libratone zipp mini the music starts at 100 % which is very annoying. Limiting the volume in the settings of roon doesn’t help! It doesn’t respect this setting.

Kind regards,
Michel

(Michel Timmermans) #5

Can anyone confirm?

@support : is this issue known?

(Noris) #6

Hi @mtimmans,

Apologies for the delay here. Can I please ask you to share a screenshot of your Device Setup tab for that zone?

You can share screenshots by using these instructions and you can access the Device Setup tab by right-clicking the zone in the bottom right-hand corner of Roon (next to volume icon) -> Device Setup.

Also, how are you connecting to this device, are you using Airplay or Bluetooth streaming?

(Michel Timmermans) #7

Thanks for your reply.

The screenshot of the device is the following:

… and the device uses airplay for connection.

(Noris) #8

Hi @mtimmans,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot with me. I would next like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core when this issue occurs. Before I go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account, can I please ask you to reproduce this behavior once more and let me know the exact local time + date in your country when the Libratone exhibits this behavior? E.g. 5:29PM on 7/11/19?

(Michel Timmermans) #9

@noris I just reproduced the behavior at 17:49 on the 12th of july 2019. After playing the volume goes immediately to 100% (it was 35%) and I had to manually reduce it to 46%. I used a song with very low volume otherwise I will blast my speaker :wink:

1 Like
(Noris) #10

Hi @mtimmans,

Thank you for letting me know those timestamps.

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Once these are received, I will reach out to our technical team to see if they can provide some analysis for expected behavior and I will be sure to let you know once I have any additional info to share regarding this issue.

(Noris) #11

Hi @mtimmans,

I wanted to update you here regarding your case. We currently don’t currently have any Libratone gear in-house, but we are planning to get in touch with Libratone and hope that we can work with them to resolve this issue. As soon as I have any further details to share I will be sure to let you know.

(Michel Timmermans) #12

Thanks for the feedback so far. I will keep an eye on this thread for the solution!