192/24 not playing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Nucleus + core

Microrendu

Mutec usb 3+ dac

I have had this problem intermittently. Now with new mutec 192/24 files will not play.

Hard wired 300/300 service.

Hi @Fritz_Curtis,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is this Qobuz or local content that you’re trying to play? Does this occur for all endpoints? Do you receive any errors?

Local content. Dsd network content fine, just 192/24 files. All stored on synology nas. Not a network issue as all dad files play flawless. I had this issue a while back with Andrew Gillis as the rendu was not set up to play these files but has worked sporatically since.

Hi @Fritz_Curtis,

Can you try playing to System Output of a remote device? Does that yield the same behavior?

Yes fine on all other output devices. Interestingly I have a few 176.4 24 albums as well. This seems to crash the rendu. I will simply go on to the next song quickly as if it does not recognize it. I unplug the rendu to get it working again.

Hi @Fritz_Curtis,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Will do. I will put an album on and let it play. It acts like it is playing but no sound.

Dylan, hopefully you were able to see the logs as I left a 192 album playing in Roon with no sound. Oddly after about an hr, garbled sound would occasionally come out of the speakers. Hopefully this was caught via diagnostics. Best, Fritz

Hi @Fritz_Curtis,

Do you have a timestamp for when you started playing this? As mentioned above:

With a specific timestamp we can enable diagnostics and the team can take a look at what was occurring around that time.

Thanks!

Problem solved. For some reason the devialet phantom golds have an issue with 192/24 and 176. I used the dsp and upsampled the signal to dsd and boom works fine. Strange only those to sample rates. Anyway, everything is working fine. Native DSD on the Mutec with the rendu is fantastic. Sounds amazing.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.