2 month left of my subscription

Does anyone really like that roon (and others) does this to a picture of a band 5 members cut down to only 3 ? OK all other streaming programs do the same, but that should not be a reason for roon to do the same.

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with the round pictures. I tend to use Roon to listen to music rather than to look at photos of men (or women!).

This evening, as I listen to Roon, my eyes are firmly fixed on my glass of wine so that I can guide it towards my mouth without spilling a drop.

5 Likes

Depends if you’re using an analog or digital display interface, surely? :wink:

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter a pinch of ■■■■ to me. I use Roon to listen to music. I could not care less if they are square, circles, or triangles.

4 Likes

Just click on that bubble, the artist page opens and on top of it you see all of them in full beauty - just as you show youself in the second picture. Where‘s the freakin‘ problem ??

I never see the 100+ members of my Symphony Orchestras in full on any picture :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well not quite. You could use 1990‘s Foobar just to listen to music. Its cheaper. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well - definitely is a personal matter - whatever is important to you, well is important to you. I suspect that the circles might just be the straw that broke the camel’s back… an accumulation of things that are not to the taste of the OP that have never been addressed. And I totally understand… Roon is not cheap, so at least I have a sense that it has to be, if not perfect, well, as close to what one expects as possible.

I remember the first time I tried Roon - it was frustrating that you could not make it use at least some of your own tags, leaving you at the mercy of the available internet metadata, which, specially for classical is maddening… When was that fixed? 1.5 or 1.6? I imagine if I had gotten into Roon with version 1.0, with the hope that it would eventually been fixed. I too would have left very publicly and very noisily… around 1.3…

So maybe that’s what’s bothering the OP. An accumulation of grievances that have not been addressed. And when Audirvana is $100, JRiver $60, all one time… well…

It would be very unfair to just say “good riddance” to the OP. Or just point him to Audirvana or JRiver - Roon has to contact and maybe find out what can be done, what are the issues… get some feedback - which is always good. Maybe some tips and a free month or two, see if that makes a difference… Or maybe make a Linux port of the Remote! :smiley:

Just my $0.02 pesos.

v

Works perfectly with Wine, by the way

I think if they got rid of the idiotic initials and left the artist circles without an associated picture blank or with a silhouette like Audivarna more of us would have less issue with the shape imo.

True from what I hear but NOT the point - see my reasoning about that at

and also at

:smiley:

v

Forget the circles, let’s not forget all the real bugs the programme has and the ever growing list of more with every update. QA seems to have left Roon HQ it seems or they just don’t use it the same as their customers. How can they miss these issues when the community finds them in a few hours. The beta programme seems to have been just a marketing trick and is all but closed down.

I am not brand loyal I find something that does all that I want well and works then I stick with it, as soon as it starts to loose either one I look elsewhere.

Unfortunately there isn’t much option in this area unless you are all UPnP and on Mac or Windows. As I did put all my eggs in one basket moving to Roon and my servers are all Linux so it’s back to a mixture of LMS and BubbleUPnP and ends my love affair with one app to use and rule them all.

No way I am switching to Mac or Windows. Keenly watching what other options are on the horizon they can’t come quick enough, it might give Roon the competition and the boot up the arse it needs it to pick up its game, as it really feels its resting on its laurels right now or an actual option to use something else that might work and do it all better.

3 Likes

I don’t really care whether the artist’s pictures are round or square, but there should be a little more pictures stored in roon

1 Like

They’re so longstanding they’re now considered features. Unless they’re causing issues for the majority they will never be addressed.

We should do a poll :wink:

Artist pictures should be in the form of:
  • circles
  • triangles
  • squares
  • pentagons
  • hexagons
  • whatevergons

0 voters

what platform remote are you using? I had this happen earlier this morning on my iPad… but it was also not showing album covers. I think I may have tried to clear the cache and that made things all fubar… I just deleted the app and redownloaded it and all was fixed…
This has been mentioned elsewhere… I think it was Dirk that had lots of experience with this problem.

My app also stopped showing album covers this morning I had to restart the app completely for it to show them again. I have filled in my myself for most of the missing artists in my collection. They definitely need to use a better source for them though as it has too many gaps.

hi
screenshot is from my win10 PC
The “problem” is not a system failure, its just that the more unknown artists are not present with pics in roon.
maybe my taste is too extravagant :wink:
but there are bigger problems in the world :wink: and i use the interpret view not so often and take the good search function for that.

I understand what you mean: sometimes surprising things happen with images, for example with Lee Konitz. Someone should tell them that it’s not a girl but the man in the picture on the right. And for that it doesn’t matter if they put it round or square.

3 Likes

This comment wins the internet this week.

2 Likes

It’s great that we have choices in this world. If Roon isn’t living up to your expectations, then spending your money elsewhere is a rational decision. It is not for anyone else to look down at you as “silly” for having personal preferences.

Likewise, it is not your right to call a decision by the Roon developers “idiotic”. They are not idiots. They are skilled developers who love music and have dedicated themselves to do their best work on behalf of others who love music. This is to be applauded, not derided.

I am a person who expresses my opinions freely and I think others should have the avenue, such as this forum, to express their opinions. I suspect the Roon developers watch this forum and if enough people prefer something this or that way, they will do something to accommodate a widely held opinion. Conversely, I’m sure they know they “can’t please all the people all the time.” If one person doesn’t like round picture frames, they may rather lose some revenue while sticking with their aesthetic vision.

I’m glad you expressed your opinion but I’m not glad that you chose a rude way to express it. I think the next time you express your opinion you should be more polite.

5 Likes