2 New Cambridge streamer/dacs?

This area of the market seems to be hotting up nicely and CA tend to make decent kit.

2 Likes

I was at the launch party last week and mightily impressed with both streamers. I cant wait for stock to float in!

1 Like

Hi Markus,

I do not understand your ā€˜volumeā€™ issue with the Cambridge Audio 200m. It contains a simple preamp like my (predecessor) Cambridge audio Dacmagic plus.
I switched that off for the exact reason and used it with a proper integrated amp with great succes.
My dac (the ā€˜plusā€™) is now used (without the preamp function on) in my office with active speakers. I have upped its performance with a linear power supply from MCRU (UK firm).

Conclusion,
Do not use the preamp function. Just Roon remote to this DAC as an endpoint.

Cheerio,
Hans

I was once thinking of that, how did you like it? Better? or the same?

Hi Traian,

MCRU has a few plusses for me:

• They have standard solutions for many DACs
  • They do custom work if required
  • Pricewise it makes a lot of sense for the quality

My (main) Roon core server uses a Farad Super 3 LPS. It is better, but it cost me more than double.

Check their website https://www.mcru.co.uk/

P.s. I am just a fan and not related to these people :wink:

P.p.s. (answering your questionā€¦the ā€˜plusā€™ sounds much better with the LPS.

Yes Iā€™ve got them saved as a bookmark soon after I bought a 200M. Farad looks good but the price did kept me from saving a bookmark :slight_smile:
Thanks for the sharing

You canā€™t control the volume within Roon without resorting to dsp volume. Thatā€™s the problem.