2 of 8 existing files not recognized

I have 8 files ripped from vinyl. All in ALAC, 24*48.

There are two symphonies, 1 and 2, each with four movements. The first 4 files (symphony 1, movements 1-4) are showing in Roon.

From the second symphony only movements (=files) 2 and 4 are visible, 1 and 3 don’t show. They are also not listed as unreadable.

I re-imported the whole album in iTunes, re-numbered them in iTunes, but no joy. Movements 1 and 3 of symphony 2 don’t show.

Can this be a conflict with Roon’s database?

Hi @WKW ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the wait. To help me evaluate this behavior you’re reporting may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. A description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Please confirm where you musical collection is being stored and how it is being accessed by Roon.

-Eric

In the meantime after much trial and error I managed to get the tracks in order, such that Roon shows 2 disks each with the 4 movements of one of the symphonies.

Before I also changed the metadata in iTunes to one disk with 8 tracks, but Roon wouldn’t take up these data.

As far as I can see, this is the first time with such a stubborn problem. Could Roon’s prefs or cache be damaged?

Hi @WKW ----- Thank you for touching base with me, I am glad to hear you were able sort this out.

Can you confirm for me where your iTunes XML is being accessed from, is it the same location in which your media is being stored or is it in a separate location?

-Eric

It’s where iTune’s XMLs always are: User > Music > iTunes

Hey @WKW – can you post a screenshot of the Storage tab of Settings? Instructions for posting screenshots are at the end of this post.

Can you also tell me where the actual media files are stored? I know you said the XML is in the standard location – are all the media files also stored in your iTunes folder?

Mike:

Yes, everything is at the default iTunes location. I add a few screenshots that illustrate the issue:

Meta data in iTunes:

Files in iTunes storage:

Storage settings in Roon:

Appearance in Roon, disk 1:

Appearance in Roon disk 2:

In fact, this is the first time I observe this inconsistency.

Hi @WKW ----- Thank you for following up with us! Can you you make a copy of the folder that contains this media exactly the way it currently is, compress it, and provide us a dropbox download link in PM so we can test with it in house?

-Eric