24-bit Streaming with Sublime+?

Hi, I’m new to both Roon and Qobuz and I already love both!

After trying the free Quboz beta in the United States, I decided to purchase the Sublime+ 12 month subscription.

However, I’m a little bit confused. Does the 24-bit streaming capability only apply to purchased albums from Qobuz?

I attempted to ‘import’ an album from Qobuz at 24/192. The download bar initially displays ‘Hi-Res’ but almost immediately switches to ‘CD’ quality.

Here’s my fledgling audiophile setup:

Roon 1.6 Core: 2012 Retina Macbook Pro
Portable DAC: TEAC HA-P5
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800S

Thank you

In some cases licensing doesn’t allow streaming of maximum resolution. Not sure if this is the case in your situation.

OK, so I should be able to stream some albums in 24-bit without having to purchase the album from Qobuz. My understanding is that only about 2 million albums (out of 40 million) are available in Hi-Res.

The album I was listening to is a new release by Quatuor Molinari of John Zorn compositions. It said that it was available in 24-bit, but perhaps that’s only when the album is purchased, due to licensing issues.

Thank you for your input.

I’m in the Netherlands - so I’m using the production version of Qobuz, not the Beta. I’ve just tried the John Zorn, Cat O’Nine Tails album that I think you are referring to, and it’s streaming to me at 96kHz 24bit… I also have a Sublime+ subscription.

Hmmm, yes, that’s the new release I’m referring to.

In Roon, the album displays: FLAC 96kHz 24bit

If I play it directly within the Qobuz app (no Roon) it shows: 16bit 44.1kHz even though I have Quboz set to play a maximum 24/192.

Lastly, my TEAC HA-P5 is displaying 44.1/48 regardless of what output I use.

It sounds phenomenal to my untrained ears, regardless, but if something better is available, I’d love to take advantage of it. Thanks.

OK, just streamed this using the Qobuz desktop app on Windows 10. There it is also streaming at 96 kHz 24bit…

Tried it in the U.S.
This album shows as 24/96 but plays as 16/44.
Such problems have occurred with some Qobuz albums.
With most albums it plays in 96.

Same here. Album info says 24/96 but plays as 16/44. Still, considering the material is way out of my wheelhouse, it sounds amazing.

Great, thank you all for taking the time time to test!

I was worried that my setup didn’t ‘go to 11’. The horror!

Kevin