2x snd_allo_digione

I am trying to setup a second allo digione RPI. running roon bridge. Having a lot of difficulty. Within moments of plugging in second box, first box starts skipping tracks erratically and in Roon’s audio setup its IP address has changed to the IP address of the new box? Bizarre. While I have 2 boxes with indentical setup and software ((Dietpi Allo GUI), only one shows up… Seems as if Roon sees “snd_allo_digione” twice and gets confused by that?? Is there a way to edit this name?
I even gave the first box a static IP address and configured my DHCP server to hand out specific addresses to each Mac address, but the problem persists

Hi, try changing the hostname to something unique on each box.
dietpi-config > security options > hostname

using ssh ? still works with diepi allo GUI ??

Dan, sorry to say that did not work

Dan, sorry for not keeping the faith, changed to Ropieee image and all works well, please let me know when this bug is worked out

I think if you had just deleted and reinstalled Roon Bridge on one of the devices, you would have resolved the problem. That’s why it appears that Ropieee solved the problem.

@Dan_Knight

Sure there was a similar thread recently. The issue was caused by using a cloned SD card image in the second device. Is that what you did Mark? It would be nice to know for sure as my second Pi is on its way to me this week.

Funny you should mention that.:sunglasses:

Yep. I did search for it but couldn’t find it! :slight_smile:

Anthony, I did not clone the first car d to make the second card. However there does seem to be a difference in how the ALLO GUI image works as compared to the regular DietPi images.
The regular images are about 500mb in size and then during the install process the system downloads packages and updates. In the case of the Allo GUI the inage is 1.6GB and it all happens very quicly…so in fact the two final inages could be identical as you suspected. Either way, in my case I could not get two Allo Digione RPIs with the GUI to coexist. It was sad, but I’ve fully recovered thanks to Ropieee!

Hi Mark,

thanks for that update. In my case the 2nd PI in my system will have a DAC+ attached, rather than a DigiOne. It will be built from a fresh flash of Diet Pi so will hopefully avoid any network related clashes.

Hi Mark,

No problem. Thanks for reporting the issue you experienced. I will run investigations for the Allo GUI image on RPi (as per your setup), and, see if we can replicate.

using ssh ? still works with diepi allo GUI ??

Yes, the hostname can also be changed in the Allo GUI, under “System Settings”.

If you have time, please can you verify the following:

• When you changed the hostname, did you reboot the system for it to take effect?
  • Did you set both devices to allo-digione in the web interface and reboot system?
  • Did roon report loss of “Transport device”, when the issue occurred?

When you changed the hostname, did you reboot the system for it to take effect?
Did you set both devices to allo-digione in the web interface and reboot system?
Did roon report loss of “Transport device”, when the issue occurred?

yes I rebooted to change the hostname
Both devices were set to digione as the sound card
yes roon reported something like that as it raced through from radio track to radio track.

I just popped the sd card with Allo GUI back into the second digione RPi unit. I uninstalled and reinstalled Roon bridge on both units. Sadly the problem persists, the message while skipping mentions transport, connectivity and Tidal…reinserted sd card with Ropieee image. working again.

1 Like