3 Issues after build 806 update

Roon Core Machine

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227)
Intel NUC 8i7 - 64 GB RAM. ROCK installed in 256 GB M2 SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router D-link DIR-X4860 Firmware 1.04 (latest)
Uptone EtherRegen Network Switch
Cat 6a cables throughout

Connected Audio Devices

EtherREgen → Auralic Aries G2 → Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac

Library Size

2054 albums, 27929 Tracks

Description of Issue

3 Issues after build 806 update.

1. Daily mixes initially showed up after update acouple of days ago. Now they are not there anymore. Observed on iphone, ipad and mac. Tried restarting the core, login out then back in Tidal. Same problem

2. Home page. Takes a while to load up. Below recent listening I get the squid thing for several seconds.

3. Search is hit and miss. I tried a few artists and they are not shown as the first option. In some cases I have to search by album or sometiimes by tracks to get to the artist. A few examples:

• Gregor Dys
  • Ensemble Novo (carinhoso album)
  • The Holy Family

When I click on Gregor Dys, I just get the squid. I tried closing remote then getting back in, but with same result.

Your assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Xavier

Hello @Xavier_Pinto,

Thank you for reaching out to us about what you’ve experienced following your update to build 806. We appreciate your taking the time to do this.

We’ve created a thread with regular updates concerning the issues we’ve experienced with the new Daily Mixes feature. You can track our effort to implement a stable version of the mix feature in this thread.

The second item in your list relates to the mix feature. What you’re seeing there is a slight delay as Roon populates New releases for you, Mixes, and other content. That is expected behavior. For these items to display Roon needs to connect to our servers and this can take couple seconds.

The third item on your list is due to expectations for this feature that weren’t clearly expressed in our release notes. The search box improvements are more of an auto complete feature rather than an interpretive search. We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused by our description. The search box auto complete is more targeted and effective when you use more key words.

We are working aggressively toward a fix for the Daily Mix issues and have made considerable progress. We don’t have a timeline to share yet for when we’ll have a permanent solution in place. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this.

Additionally, you wrote:

I tried closing remote then getting back in, but with same result.

Can you tell us a bit more about this? What remote device does this occur on? Does this occur on all remotes? Does this happen when searching Gregor Dys? Do you exit the app and return to it when this happens?

In closing, how do you feel about Build 806 now that you’ve had some time with it?

Hi Jamie, thanks for your reply.
I never mentioned anything about autocomplete I think? I know that is a new feature…

I was talking specifically about searching for those artists and not getting any results period. I had to try to get to them by song names or album names.

This happens on my Iphone, Ipad and Macbook.

Makes sense?

Xavier

Hi @Xavier_Pinto

Have Daily Mixes started showing up for you? We’ve resolved several issues that were causing them not to show up and, for the most part, things seem to be working for most folks.

The other issues sound like things that folks experience when they’re having DNS performance issues. If possible could you try changing the DNS your router is using and let us know if there is any improvement?