7" touch screen says Connection Failure . Music plays on ROON. RPi4 Hifiberry DAC+ Pro.Have roon server on PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sony laptop windows 10 32 bit roon from 4 days ago

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi and Ethernet AT&T internet router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RPi 4 w/ Hifiberry DAC+ pro
Description Of Issue

Raspberry Pi Official 7" touchscreen says Connection Failure asks if Roon Core is running and if Ropieee Remote Extension is enabled in Roon.
Music sounds awesome, Android working fine. Touch screen only displays above or clock with correct time.

Have you rebooted it?

Hey!

I have music, but touchscreen still reads connection failure and asks if Roon Core is running (it must be) and if remote control extension is enabled in roon.
Can’t find 192.168.1.239.9100/display/
Screen displayed Ropieee installation and reboot text scrolling.

So have you enabled the extension in Roon as is mentioned on the screen?

I would have had I found that option.
Please enlighten me as to where it is.
I’ll get right on it.

The only GUI I have is the Android app.

The extension is in Roon. Go to settings and look for extensions.

Unless it is somewhere other than where "General Storage Services Setup Play actions etc.I don
t have Extensions.
I have only roon server, android app and the RPi4/ Hifi berry DAC.
I think full bore ROON is needed. . My PC will not install that for Open GL is not possible to install.
Can’t have the HQ player either… Only runs on 64 bit windows 10…
Shoppinh for a new PC now one with SSD to rip CDs to.

Settings==>Extensions should be on the left sidebar, right underneath Settings==>Backups.

Indeed, extensions are not available in the Android app when running on a phone.

Hi @richard_austin,

As others have mentioned, using a phone Roon controller has some menu display limitations.
I would try using a tablet with larger screen size or the Roon app on a PC to set up your Extensions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.