A fantasy future release from roon; what would you like to see?

I’d love to see the Roon API get some love. Development seems to have stalled a few years ago. I think there’s an untapped community of third-party developers that could do wonderful things with Roon as a platform If the API were a first class system.

2 Likes

I’d like Roon to identify which record labels a particular mastering on Tidal refers to.

1 Like

Roon now has a long overdue internet radio browser. I hope that some way to browse and listen to podcasts isn’t too far behind.

1 Like

Room correction

Custom user-layout pages with configurable elements.

3 Likes

Fix tagging mess for classical music

1 Like

Make if manage and play audiobooks as a separate group. Like the Sonos Audible integration does

1 Like

The ability to truly upgrade a low res local library via subscription services like Qobuz, Tidal (and Amazon HD please!) to choose and play the best available version on basis of what is locally present (based on metadata present). When I found this feature wasn’t already there, it tipped the scales for not yet subscribing. Currently there are more cost efficient possibilities to stream my library across the house. Of course those are without some of the pretty nice bells and whistles of Roon but lifting the quality of what I assembled over the last 15 years would be the argument to rush into a lifetime subscription right away.

3 Likes

Less emphasis on form over function.

2 Likes