A few artists don't alphabetise by last name

Content you’re reporting an issue with

There are a few artists that my roon sorts by first name rather than last name. One of them is Bobby Sanabria, here sorted between Blythe and Bowie.

Here is how the artist information for this album is entered:

As should be evident from the other artists Name for artists sorting is set for Last Name in roon settings.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

roon wanted to have the primary artist as Bobby Sanabria Big band. This would have sorted among the B’s. I have deleted that as the example above shows. roon also wanted the album artist to be Bobby Sanabria/Multiverse Big Band which also would sort as a B. I added an edit as shown above.

Is the album identified in Roon?

The album is identified in roon

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

local file

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

How do I get roon to sort Bobby Sanabria as an S? I assume that roon has not properly identified his last name, but I do not know how to tell roon that information.

You have to scroll down in the edit options and edit the LAST-FIRST SORT NAME field as well

Also, make sure your album artist is indeed an individual. You can see if this the the case by editing the album artist.

Click the three dots and scroll down:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.