A tech question I think

I had to move my music file from my MBPro to an external Thunderbolt 3 SSD 2tb because my 1tb internal SSD was full. I have another Thunderbolt 3 SSD 4tb which I am using to copy all of my files to in DSD64.

This I really don’t understand: I am copying from an external SSD, using a program on my MBP, to another external SSD and the speed with which it is doing is very much faster than when I was taking the music files directly off of the MBP to the SSD. Even faster than before the disc on the MBP was so full.

I have no idea why this would be so.

what MacbookPro and which SSDs?

apple -> “about this mac” -> the model + year

The MBPro:MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

The ext SSD I am copying from: Samsung X5 2tb(Thunderbolt3)

Copying to: Ext SSD Sabrent 4tb Thunderbolt 3

let me get clarification:

you are claiming that macbook pro to the sabrent is slower than samsung to sabrent?

Yes. Very definitely. Weird I think. Not just that, I can play music with no stuttering whilst I am doing it.

So it is taking files from the Samsung SSD converting them to DSD64 and putting them onto the Sabrent, both plugged into the MBPro.

Yet if I tried to copy files from the inner ssd to the external ssd whilst also attempting to listen to music, no way will it do that without stuttering or stopping altogether.

PS: no I am not stoned nor crazy.