Ability to "Shuffle Later" please

I have some albums in my queue to listen to, but after they are finished I want roon to automatically shuffle tracks from a focused album view. Currently hitting shuffle in that view (or radio - what’s the difference by the way?) will replace what’s still to play in the queue. If I turn Radio on in the queue, this will only play things similar to the albums (am I right?) rather than items from my focus.
So a “Shuffle Later” or “Add Shuffle to Queue” play option would be really, really, useful.

Thank you!

1 Like

A workaround is to enable shuffle and add the shuffle items first and when add the non-shuffle items with “Add next,” in reverse order.
“Add next” adds the items unshuffled to the queue.
Try it, it works :slight_smile:

Aha. So it will play one random track, then the albums I want, then random tracks again. I see what you mean but it’s a bit clunky - I only decided I wanted to add shuffle items after I’d started playing the albums. So I’d need to know what I’m going to want in the future and before starting playing. Does roon provide a time machine? :wink:
Thanks though, a workaround (of sorts) I can’t deny.

It’s a very forward thinking app and company. :open_mouth:

Hmm, I read this out of idle curiosity since I never use either radio ot shuffle.
But the more I think of it, the more I like it.
A form of radio that is more controllable, without relying on clever algorithms.
I could make my current focus as specific as I want, using tags.

+1!