Color issues happening with integrated GPUs [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10 64bit Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

When it update to 1.7 everything goes dark and wired.

even switch to light theme doesn’t work.

The screenshot in google chrome is normal.

Hi, @CHIEN_YI_CHAO, sorry to hear about your troubles.

May I ask you to provide the follwoing info:

1. What GPU are you using?
  2. Any custom color profiles active?

Thanks!

Ivan

CPU i5 2400 on ASUS B75m Plus
No GPU

Thanks for the info, I passed it to our developers.

Ivan

3 posts were split to a new topic: Google Pixel C - Roon Interface too saturated

6 posts were split to a new topic: Roon Interface was too dark

Hi everyone,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi @CHIEN_YI_CHAO,

I wanted to check in with you here to see if the latest Roon build has helped with this behavior, can you please let me know if everything is displaying as expected now?

Are you seeing any other issues with the saturation after the latest build? If so - can you please share a screenshot? Thanks!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows PCs, Roon Build 521.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I recently had my PC fresh install win10 64bit and installed the latest Roon.
I notice the same problem when I use the CPU integrated graphics.
This problem also shows on the other PC at living room running win10 32bit with i5 2400.
These two PCs are using different MBs.

I solve this problem with a used graphic card buying on internet.

• ASUS GTX970 4G DDR5.
  • MSi HD7750.

With these two cards is fixed the problem, but for a not gaming PC I don’t really want to add a graphics card on it. Advise Please.

Hi @CHIEN_YI_CHAO

Thanks for the additional information but I’m having a bit of trouble understanding here.
Are you still seeing this behavior on your two PCs? The Roon interface is still too dark?
What graphics card is the gaming PC currently using?

With intergrated graphics YES.
With graphics cards NO.
I don’t have gaming PC actually.
Those graphics cards are for Roon not to display too dark.

Hi @CHIEN_YI_CHAO,

If you navigate to your Window’s Device Manager from this problematic PC, can you share a screenshot of your Display Adapters information? I am wondering what internal GPU you have and the driver version for it, it is not clear yet.

PC Running in my room Win10 64 CPU: i5-2400
With GTX970

Without GTX970

PC Running in Living room Win7 32 CPU: i5-2400

Some imformation about i5-2400 found on internet

Hello @CHIEN_YI_CHAO,

I appreciate your patience while we’ve been looking into this issue further. We’ve just recently released Roon build 528 which contains a few various graphics-related changes.

Can I please ask that you update to the latest build and let me know if it changes anything with regards to this behavior? Full release notes can be found below:

Thank you!

Sorry for notice this message so late.
I took off the GPU for test .
The colors seems back to normal ! :laughing:
GREAT THANKS !

1 Like

Hi @CHIEN_YI_CHAO,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved @CHIEN_YI_CHAO!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.