About MQA Sample rate

I’m on Windows 10 with a iFi micro iDSD BL on 5.3c firmware
When I reproduce a MQA 96khz from TIDAL on Audirvana Current Sample Rate in iFi Control Panel show 96000 Hz, but the same song on Roon only says 48000 Hz as the photos. I don’t know why. I’m sorry for my shitty english

Hi @Jesus_Velasquez,

What does your device setup look like for the iFi? Device setup can be accessed in Roon Settings -> Audio -> Cogwheel icon next to iFi zone -> Device Setup. Please post a screenshot of this page, it should look something like this:

The iFi’s MQA support should say “Render Only”, if it says something else please change it. I would also click “Advanced” and ask you to post a screenshot of those settings.

Thanks,
Noris

Hey @noris

Hi @Jesus_Velasquez,

You will need to set your MQA Capabilities to “Renderer Only” as I mentioned in my previous post.
Can you give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Also, I noticed that you have MQA Core Decoder disabled in Roon. Just so you know, Roon can also handle the first MQA unfold if you wish to enable this switch, but it comes down to a personal preference if you want either Roon or the DAC to handle the unfolding so I would see which one works best for you.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris

Now works Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jesus_Velasquez,

Glad to hear it worked! Thanks again for contacting us and hope you have a great Roon experience!

– Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.