Active Qobuz Subscription fails to stream

Mike

Core is on apple iMac streaming to Naim ND555 via Roon endpoint through a network switch. Network is 77mbs down. Worked fine until this morning.

Thanks Trevor – we’re looking into this and we’ve opened up an investigation in our internal tracker. We’re collecting diagnostics and doing some testing to confirm exactly what’s going on here.

@Trevor_Clarke we’ve requested diagnostics from your account, but you’ll need to start up Roon in order for them to be submitted to our servers so we can analyze them.

@bobflood @Trond_Arne_Velund – we’ve received diagnostics from you both, which I’ve added to the investigation ticket.

And sorry to ask again, but @bobflood Just to confirm, you can both play full tracks on the Qobuz website, meaning they are playing beyond 30 seconds in, correct?

Hi Mike, Yes I can play full tracks on the Qobuz Webplayer Win 10 App. They play all the way. No stopping at 30 seconds. They also play in the full resolution of the album. When they did play only 30 seconds before I had my Studio account they would play only at 320 MP3.

Qobuz USA not playing!
2 or 3 days ago when the ROON/Qobuz was announced it was wonderful FOR my Qobuz ‘French’ account STUDIO on ROON
Now with a USA account everything is there including all my playlists NOTHING plays yet I have no problem on A+3 or the desktop Qobuz app
I don’t want tuna that LOOKs good Charlie I want ROON/Qobuz that sounds and tastes good
I have a USA Studio account
I use a late 2012 Mac Mini i7 16GB RAM out to Meridian Explorer 2 DAC via Apple Time Capsule 2TB WiFi what do you think is wrong? I also lost my enhanced settings only get lossless whatever I play including NO MQA on TIDAL or HiRes on Qobuz BUT TIDAL does work just 16/44 nothing higher on TIDAL or my TIDAL playlists- I did before version 1.6 and for first day of 1.6
thanks
bobbmd

Mike

Sorry about that, middle of the night in the UK. Roon now open and will be for about an hour but then I will be away for a couple of weeks so hopefully you can get what you need in that window.

Hi @Trond_Arne_Velund,

In the diagnostics it looks like you don’t have an active Qobuz subscription, please see Mike’s post from above:

– Noris

Hi @Trevor_Clarke,

I can confirm that diagnostics have reached our servers successfully and I see your playback attempts here, I will forward this to QA.

Can you please also let me know the model/manufacturer of your router and the network switch so that we have this information attached to the case notes?

– Noris

@bobbmd -

I have enabled diagnostics mode for your account, please leave your core powered and active so that the diagnostics from that machine reach our servers.

– Noris

Thanks Noris

Apple Airport Extreme Router and Netgear 105 Switch, all ethernet wired.

Please note that my library and Tidal through to MQA play fine via Roon and Qobuz is fine through to hi res via the Bubbleupnp app on my NAS that I used previous to getting Roon. I don’t think this is an issue on my network or my subscription which is not trial.

1 Like

I am a trial Version - that’s correct. Does that mean that I am not able to try/test the high quality sound before I start payment after 1 month trial?

@noris thanks just got up on east coast clicked on the ROON desktop app is that what you mean by leaving ‘your core active and powered’ please let me know and per others above I do have an ACTIVE Studio USA Qobuz subscription Qobuz WORKS on its desktop app on Audirvana +3 and on my iPadPro
thanks good luck with this
keep me posted
bobbmd

@noris=I went that link and my Qobuz page came up and is working perfectly in HiRes both for ‘discovery’ and my playlists what do i do now this apparently is not the ROON/Qobuz site which i have open on another page- do i shut that link down and try the ROON page?
bobbmd

@noris just went to my ROON page now NOTHING works including TIDAL ie no music at all what gives here??

I had previous Qobuz accounts. Had to delete them to get subscription to work.

@danny2 hello- my ‘French’ account was changed to a USA Studio subscription(BETA) yesterday or day before by Eric Benoit at Qobuz USA support(not French support) my email is the same my user name is now Bob Burdick(for France it was bobbmd) and Eric gave me a new PassWord
Could it be that on ROON under services even tho it says i am signed into Qobuz it is my old French account and if so how do ‘edit’ it-i still had my French account when 1.6 went active and it worked beautifully on ROON
BUT now even TIDAL doesn’t play

@danny2 don’t know what happened or how it was done but EVERYTHING works Qobuz TIDAL playlists from both of them(at least for now)
What is really nice is(for example) a playlist I made on TIDAL entitled ‘DEAD for DEADHEADS’ and transferred via Soundiiz to Qobuz plays in HiRes 24/96!! while the original TIDAL playlist only is in 16/44 I think that is pretty cool
thanks

@noris-EVERYTHING works now thank you for whatever you did
as I said to @danny2 the playlists(100’s of them) that I transferred from TIDAL to Qobuz via Soundiiz even play in HiRes 24/96 while original TIDAL playlist is still 16/44
THANK YOU so much don’t know or understand what you did but thanks what a great integration!!
bobbmd lifetime subscriber(whatever that means at 70 years old?!)

Hello,

@Trond_Arne_Velund - You would need to be able to play Qobuz tracks for more than 30 seconds using the webplayer to confirm that you have an active Qobuz subscription (https://play.qobuz.com). If you are unable to play for more than 30 seconds I would suggest that you reach out to Qobuz and ask them to re-activate your trial period.

@bobbmd - Glad to hear that it’s working for your now, I am not aware of any changes we made on our end but it may have just been too many new signups for Qobuz. Please let me know if everything is still working after a few days.

@Trevor_Clarke - Can you confirm that you’re still experiencing issues or have they resolved themselves as well?

Thanks,
Noris

Noris

Away for a couple of weeks, I will check when I return.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@noris- just a few things
I don’t get that sound bar at the bottom of the page it’s not a big deal-get it sometime more often not
When I choose a ‘version’ and pick the MQA album from TIDAL it only plays in 16/44 not always but sometime samething if I choose HiRes ‘version’ in Qobuz it only plays 16/44
When I play MQA albums from TIDAL playlists (I made) and transferred via Soundiiz to Qobuz it plays as a HiRes in 24/88 24/96 or 24/192 i am pleasantly surprised at this
ROON Radio doesn’t always come on at end of an album or playlist from either TIDAL or Qobuz
OTHERWISE everything is working and sounds GREAT
bobbmd

1 Like