Add display function to Roon mobile apps

Maybe this one is a bit niche but when I’m streaming music to the Roon app on my iPhone as an endpoint (paired to Bluetooth headphones to listen on my balcony) I love the fact that I can glance at my Apple Watch to see what’s playing but when I come inside and listen on speakers or my higher-end headphones driven by my Chord Electronics Hugo2 I still find myself glancing at my watch to try and see what wonders Roon Radio has thrown at me. I do realise that I could probably group my iPhone and whatever endpoint I’m actually listening to so that my iPhone/Watch would get the now-playing info but that seems very battery inefficient/draining. Would it be possible for the iOS app to also declare itself as a potential Roon display and echo its display to the Watch so that I could see the now-playing info on my Watch regardless of what endpoint I was actually listening to?

You should assign this thread to #roon:feature-suggestions.

Thanks. Not sure what went wrong, I thought I had posted it in that section but obviously not. I’ve fixed it by - I think.

1 Like

Isn’t this the reason for the lock screen controls. It shows you whats playing on the current device the app is controlling on the lock screen. I guess it won’t show on your watch but I can’t see them making phones a display when it already works that way in the app. Have you not tried RooWatch extension that’s a fully fledged now playing thing for apple watch it will do what you want now.

1 Like

Oh thanks. I hadn’t heard of RooWatch. I’ll get right onto that and see how I get on with it.

1 Like