Add Do!You! Radio

It’s only broadcast between 9am and 12.30pm GMT so not sure if valid as a Roon station or if the limited broadcast times can be flagged up on the page.

https://s4.radio.co/s374bdb2d0/listen

Title: Do!! You!!! Radio
Description: How Do You feel this morning? Different? Me too. Do!! You!!! Whats going on? Who knows! Lets ask. Hang loose with Charlie Bones, and guests.
Times: Monday to Friday; 9am to 12.30pm GMT
Genres: disco, jazz, funk, folk, ambient, ​’80s pop, boogie, hip-hop, house and water drumming from the Vanuatu archipelago

Works fine as a manual addition, but be nice to have it in the Roon station list.

This appears to be a subscriber station only. When I try the link I get

Access to s4.radio.co was denied

Have you signed up?

It’s only broadcast between 9am and 12.30am GMT

(not a subscriber and was listening to it this morning)

Ahh, OK. I’ll set it up with a warning message in the station info.

1 Like

The stream seem to be live (I’m not a subscriber), it’s just not playing anything (outside of 9am - 12.30pm GMT)

➜  ~ curl -I https://s4.radio.co/s374bdb2d0/listen
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: audio/mpeg
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 13:21:58 GMT
Server: s4-london.radio.co
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Origin, Accept, X-Requested-With, Content-Type
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, OPTIONS, HEAD
Connection: Close
Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT

My curl gives me

HTTP/1.0 403 Could not reach station, HTTP 404

VLC doesn’t like it either.
Either way, I’ll add and check in the morning…

I wonder if there is some geo-restriction going on?

No audio (as it’s not broadcasting currently), but the URL is still working/resolving fine for me, but does resolve to a domain with London in the name Server: s4-london.radio.co which seems to indicate some kind of geo restrictions/management being in place.

In which case it’'s problay too confusing to add for Roon’s global user base, but thanks anyway for trying.

Oh, I’ll try… I want to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks Brian,

It’s a quirky one as it’s only the one show at the moment, but his previous breakfast show on NTS had 2.8 million monthly unique listeners so it’s not a completely obscure show and has a fairly large following.

OK @j_a_m_i_e , Do!! You!!! is there.

The only issue is finding it… Roon’s search doesn’t seem to cope with the exclamation marks. I got it by Live Radio > Locations > UK > London

EDIT: An alternative is to search for Charlie Bones

PS Does it carry advertising?

(By the way, your curl worked because it was only requesting header information - the I flag. Try something like

curl -m 4 -D headdata https://s4.radio.co/s374bdb2d0/listen -o /dev/null
cat headdata

next time.

Thanks Brian :slight_smile:

Yes, exclamation marks and asterisks are always fun in search queries! But good suggestion re. searching for Charlie Bones instead.

Re. advertising, no it’s ad-free

(and yes, I just looked at the headers via CURL as I was worried the body would be a binary stream, but your CURL flags are a good tip/suggestion for future…ta!)

1 Like

The world needs more water drumming from the Vanuatu archipelago!! :wink:

I wonder if he could record his show are re-run it later in the day (morning time for US).

The archives shows are here on Mixcloud. Not sure how quickly they go up after the mornings broadcast though.

@BrianW it looks like the URL of there radio stream has changed…

This is the direct link:
https://doyouworld.out.airtime.pro/doyouworld_a

The direct link above plays fine in Safari/Chrome without a custom player. But it doesn’t seem to want to play nicely with Roon. Any idea…if so would it be possible to update the stream url on the current station entry?

Thanks

Jamie

Changed the link for you. Try now.

Thanks Brian…Perfect, working well!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.