Add Network Share is missing from Select Destination Folder For Export

When selecting Browse for export location Add Network Share is missing from the Select Destination Folder. I’m sure that it has been there before as I have exported playlists to my NAS in the past and an old export is on a network share.

Add Network Share is available on Choose Music Storage Folder.

I am working around the issue by exporting to an external drive for the moment.

You might have mounted the NAS / network share as a drive on your PC in the past?

The network share is mounted and Add Network Share button is available on Choose Music Storage Folder, but that button is not available on Select Destination Folder for export ie there is no means to select a network share as an export destination.

I have my music on two network shares which are working just fine.

If the network share is mounted on your PC/Remote as a drive/folder, just put the files in there. Why you want to mount the share again?

Just choose a local folder on your remote device. Use your OS to mount a network share if needed. AFAIK there was never an option to add a network share in Roon when exporting data.

I am using a Mac, network shares are accessed by ip address, not like on Windows by mapping a network share to a drive letter. I have 15 network shares mounted, two of which hold cd and hd music

There must have been a means to export to a network share as I deleted previously exported files from a network share before trying to do a new export today.

Maybe I am not explaining this issue very clearly, which is the Add Network Share button is missing from Select Destination Folder for export. The existence or not of network shares is not relevant. I can only select folders from internal drives or external USB drives. The button should be there so I can choose a network share or to discover I don’t have any to choose from.

From this site:

You can access the network share like any other folder at this point, so long as it’s maintained on the same network.

Thats what I have now. I have an auto mounter that does that process and I even did the same thing manually as per the link you sent just to make sure. The shares are mounted and available in Finder and to other apps such as Pages etc, but not in Roon.

Then we should ask for @support here.

To get best attention to problems post in the support category as that is the one closely monitored by the roon staff. This one is for more general discussion type stuff so if not for @BlackJack you might have withered away here :slight_smile:

Hi @Anthony_Jackson,

I checked with the team on this and confirmed that this is the current correct behavior. We do not give the option to add a network share for importing over the network at this time. Since this is "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the feature request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.