Add network share - Mac external drive location

Adding a network share, music is on an external OWC hard drive hooked up with firewire. I followed the

FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Mac and add it as a watched folder in Roon?

I either get:
Could not connect to share:
Unauthorized

or

There was an unexpected error:
UnexpectedError

Not sure if I’m having a share issue, permissions issue or what. I am out of town on this project leaving today. Is there a way I can get a call to walk through this so I’m not losing time going back and forth with typing? Thanks guys

Hi @Larry_Basham,

We do not offer phone support but we would be more than happy to assist you right here on the Community website.

When we resolve issues on Community, it ensures that our entire team has access to the discussion and can weigh in as needed. This means that not only can our support team contribute, but so can our QA team, developers, and senior staff.

As for this issue in particular, can you provide some more information?

1. What operating system are you using for your Core?

2. Is the drive connected directly to the Core or to the Mac PC?

3. What is the model/manufacturer of the external drive? I know you mentioned it is an OWC drive, but what is the model/specs?

4. Can you share a screenshot of your sharing settings and advanced options? This is the Mac sharing guide for reference, and the screenshots would something look like this:

Ha, I figured it out, it was a permission issue. Client wasn’t giving me the correct info for his mac sign in. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Larry_Basham,

That’s great news! If you have any additional issues feel free to reach out again, thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Roon App Disconnecting from Nucleus

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.