Add to library function keeps spinning forever

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mini PC Windows 10 Atom x5.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

*Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) Ethernet Blue Haven to the amp.

Description Of Issue
It is not adding to my library; it keeps spinning forever but unable to add.

Exactly what spec is your PC…the word ATOM might imply its woefully under powered.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What_are_the_minimum_requirements%3F

Hi @Hjalmar_Gomez,

As mentioned above, your Core machine doesn’t quite meet our requirements which could certainly be playing into things.

If you reboot your Core machine do things change at all? Do the imported numbers change at all (even slowly) or do they not change at all?

Thanks for you reply, guys.
I have been using this same mini Pc since day one, when I first started using Roon with not a glitch whatsoever. I have been enjoying Roon’s superb experience and also adding music to my Library continously hassle free.
I will reboot everything and will call my internet provider to find out if there was any connection issue yesterday.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks again!

I am pretty positive this mini Pc meets your requirements :

• 【Intel Atom Processor】Quad-Core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor. ( 2M Cache, up to 1.92Ghz ). Preinstalled Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Networking is automatically activated.
  • :zap:【Small But Powerful】It is very Portable Mini Size Computer/TV Box. It’s only 248g and 12012024mm size. Perfect for home office, Internet surfing, watching movies, or simply browsing the web.
  • :zap:【Storage Expansion Option】Build-in 4GB of RAM + 64 GB ROM. You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick or a USB hard disk.
  • :zap:【Dual Output】Equipped with HDMI & VGA, saving your time and improving your work efficiency. 4K HD for visually home entertainment, delight in the life-like images and viedos.

The i3 ivybridge is 4x as fast in single core mode which I believe is the crucial measure for roon.

Hi @Hjalmar_Gomez,

As others have mentioned, your PC does appear to be a bit under-spec’d and this may be contributing to the issue.

Can you clarify on what exactly you are seeing when this issue occurs? Can you share a screenshot of your Activity Spinner and confirm if this changes at all between reboots?

Do you only have local content or are you using streaming services as well? Is there enough free space left on the Core’s hard drive? How large is your current library in number of tracks?

I want to thank you all for the feedback. I did reset everything including modem and mini Pc. Things are back to normal with everything running properly and no idle when “adding to library”. Until next time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.