'Add to Library', is not working

Same problem here, it‘s hit and miss. A reboot of the core usually fixes it, but this shouldn’t be a long term solution.

2 Likes

Thankyou jamie, I’ll soon try to do that…

Still happening sporadically for me. I’ve just added a bunch of R.E.M. albums to my library, all from Qobuz. They all added except ‘Reckoning’ which is still spinning in the background as I type this…

Restart your core and it’ll work. Whilst it’s not ideal for when it happens, we need to wait for support to figure out why it happens :slight_smile:

Thanks Raz, although as I’m adding to my library every day and sometimes multiple times (as with adding all R.E.M. albums today), restarting my core each time is not good :weary:

UPDATE: This may be useful for others. I’ve since used the ‘back arrow’ < to exit that album screen. The album was not displayed in My Library section of the R.E.M. page I returned to. I used ‘back arrow’ < again, going back to what I was doing before looking up R.E.M. I then used ‘forward arrow’ > to re display the R.E.M. page and as if by magic, the album is in fact added. No core reset required.

1 Like

Fully agree. It happens to me, although quite rare.

Hi jamie, it’s really bad I think I could note for you really every single album that I’m encountering now they all wouldn’t seem to Add to Library…
I’d wish for a proper long-term solution on this one

Sjors_Ehv, see my earlier UPDATE. Does that work for you?
To me, this seems like information is being lost between the core (in my case a NUC) and the Roon remote device (in my case an iPad)

Hello Ross_ByTheSea, I’ve tried it but it doesn’t work here. Will you be happy with this kind of solution ?

Hello jamie, I’ve tried to add four new mainstream albums to my library. FKA Twigs CAPRISONGS, The Weeknd Dawn FM, Snoop Dogg Algorithm, Adele 30. The first three were added successfully, however Adele 30 failed the same way as before.
The new update I’ve installed. My time zone is Central European Standard Time (Amsterdam). Tried to find the ROON Log files on my MacBook like you said. Unfortunately Finder doesn’t give me one single result for this search.

Hello Sjors, no I was only suggesting it may be a temporary workaround, but if it doesn’t work every time (as it did for me) then we are no further forward. Let’s await Roon Support.

1 Like

Hello again @Sjors_Ehv

We’re happy to help you with this. The logs I requested are the best way forward. I’m hoping that you have a chance to send those our way soon.

Also, can you please edit your initial post above and use the template I added to provide your setup details? This will help us troubleshoot your issue.

Hello jamie, Thank you for the help.
Okay, let me find some time soon and I will try to do this.

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll be back in touch once we’ve had a chance to take a closer look at your logs.

Well that’s fine @jamie . Now I’ve just noticed the template that you were talking about earlier…
Will give the information you’ve asked for, tonight CET or else on Sunday.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t add albums to TIDAL

hello jamie,

Have tried to add 10 (random) albums to my Library. 7 of them were o.k. but 3 of them failed again. These are: Adele “30” - Snoop Dogg Presents Algorithm “Snoop Dogg” - The Weeknd Dawn FM.
At 4.30pm CET (Amsterdam)
I’ve just sent the logs to the Roon Log Uploader.

Hope ROON can help me with a proper solution now.

Kind regards,
Sjors

ROON Core Machine

MacBook Pro (Late 2013)

Networking Gear & Setip Details

Experia Box V10 Router, on WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert 250 Pro (ROON Ready)

Number of Tracks in my Library

36,965 tracks

Description of Issue

Add to Library (+) dysfunction

Hello @Sjors_Ehv,

Thank you for sending over your logs. We’re seeing a lot of network errors in your logs.

If you haven’t already, please try changing your Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

There are also several local host connection failures. Please check to see if there are any firmware updates available for your Router and try a wired ethernet connection on your Core.

Please let us know if this helps, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.