Adding a 💜 from the "Now Playing" bar

+1. It would be great if you could heart streaming songs too

1 Like

+1 I would love this

1 Like

Totally agree! To many clicks right now!

1 Like

Agreed 100%

1 Like

+1, it used to be available prior to version 1.8 for tracks from the library!

1 Like

Sadly, the heart icon hasn’t been on the ‘Now playing’ bar (the bottom banner persistent across Roon) since 1.5.

But the heart has been on the ‘Now playing’ screen since 1.6 (when the feature was introduced if I remember correctly), and it still is.

However, in 1.8 the heart doesn’t show up immediately if you add the album from the ‘Now playing’ screen. You have to go to the album via another screen, play it, and then return to the ‘Now playing’ screen to see the icon.

I think it’s been reported a few times.

3 Likes

It’s really frustrating, totally ruins the flow of discovering and adding new music to one’s library. At least for me on macOS, not sure if it’s a problem on other platforms and I no longer use my iPhone or iPad for roon because of the white flash whilst trying to chill. If there were lockscreen controls then the white flash wouldn’t be so much of a problem.

Clicked the wrong reply button, this is in response to SimplicityCompass

1 Like

Yes.
Thought I was alone on this. Thanks for adding Feature Requests.

1 Like

Yep +1 please

1 Like

Yes, this is very much needed!

Another friendly bump! Would be nice if in the Now Player bar in the desktop and mobile apps, if the Heart was available without having to tap and bring up the “Now Playing” screen (i.e. save a tap). Would also be nice if that Heart button was available in the Now Playing widget on the iOS lock screen. <3

1 Like

Please Roon! This would be so easy to add and lots of us would love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Much, much needed. Also having a direct link to the album page from the “Now Playing” area would be handy too.

+1 from me as well

Is this still not implemented? Because it wouldn’t work on non-library songs?