Adding a mix on a 5.0 dsd multichannel file causes back right speaker to drop out

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

sonictrasport, Roon 1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet (cat8) to exasound play point, usb into exasound e38

Ethernet (cat8) to exasound play point, usb into exasound e38, analog through the rest of the 5.1 surround system. No further digital processing.

TEXT GOES HERE

This is a good one. When I play a 5.1 file and turn on a procedural EQ Mix (with no mix adjustments, just each channel sent to the same channel), all channels play as they should. There is no change in sound. When I do the same with a 5.0 file the back right speaker goes quiet. I experimented to find what was going on. If I send the sub channel to the back right, I get the back right surround. So somehow the mix reads a 5.0 feed and gets the sub and the back right mixed up (but only when the Procedural EQ Mix is turned on). This does not happen with a 5.1 file.

TEXT GOES HERE

Yeah. Reported here: 5.0 channel re-mapping

Thank you Kal. Much appreciated. Unless this issue is fixed, it kind of makes the EQ functions useless. I don’t understand why this would be a difficult issue to resolve. Seems pretty straightforward. I look forward to a resolution in the next update.

Kal, Thought you might be interested. When the Delta Signal Modulator is engaged to send a signal from, say, the front right to the sub, all channels are modulated. In my case this mean DSD files are converted to PCM and back on all channels. While I love the functionality of the Procedural EQ, the loss of musicality due to all this digital conversion has me using it very sparingly—only for a few multichannel mixes that can be improved. Here is a link to the discussion I had with John if you are interested. Procedural EQ Mix and Delta Signal Modulator

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.