Adding a song to multiple playlists. Can I add to several playlists at once?

When listening to a song that is not attached to any playlists can I attach it to multiple playlists at once or must I go through the add to playlist work flow and pick each playlist separately? Each song might be appropriate for a number of different playlists (I have many different playlists).

And how do I know I’m not adding it to a playlist where it is already in the playlist creating duplicates?

You can only add it to one at a time. Being able to add it to multiple playlists at once is probably a good Feature Request.

You should be able to turn on playlist inclusion on tracks in Settings. That way you can see which tracks are on which playlists.

See:

Agreed, I’ve moved the topic over to #roon:feature-suggestions.

Don’t forget to vote on your request by clicking the Vote button at the top of the Thread…

Came here to make this request myself. I usually add a track to 2 or 3 lists at a time. Would be nice to do it all at once.

Now that we have ARC, this feature is more needed than ever. I’m creating playlists for home, the car, walking the dog, etc and regularly adding tracks to 2 or 3 playlists. I’d use tags, but I can’t shuffle tracks. Porting over the tag checkbox interface to playlists would be perfect.