Adding Hyperlink to album

Not sure if this exact thing has been asked before or whether it’s possible. Happy to log an Enhancement Request if it isn’t…

I would like to be able to add a hyperlink for album entries - it would probably be to the discogs.com album entry.

Generally I add an album folder in to a Genre / Format subdirectory type structure wit the album folder being called:

ARTIST - ALBUM (Label - Label Release)

The “Label - Label Release” then appears in Roon as the version.

The Roon Version field then displays this section in brackets.

I would ideally like to Hyperlink this Version text - Or have the hyperlink from a different field.

Any suggestions ?

This isn’t possible. The only way I can think of that would allow you to add this sort of information would be to create a pdf with the hyperlink and include it in the album folder. It would take three clicks to get to the url in question. Not ideal, but gets you there in the end.

Yep was kind of my thinking. Thanks for confirming. I’ll log a feature request.

1 Like

There have been quite a few requests for the ability to edit album data (adding info, editing existing info, etc) but as far as I’m aware none of them have been implemented. Don’t let that stop you putting in a feature request, but don’t be surprised if it comes to nothing.

Feature logged:

Not exactly what you are looking for, but @Jan_Koudijs had an extension called Sharoon which will Link to now playing. It’s very cool and might be useful for you until you get your development request.

A sample output is included below

2 Likes