Adding iTunes Library from Macbook to Core via SMB - [Solved with instructions]

Hello, I have successfully installed Roon on my MacBook and it’s working fine with my iTunes library. Is it possible to also connect the iTunes library on my wife’s MacBook, which is on the same network? I can’t figure out what path to indicate as an Add Network Share, assuming that’s the best way to do it.

Thank you,

Anthony

Update: I turned on smb File Sharing and entered the “smb://192.168.10.1/iTunes Media” address for my wife’s folder but get “Could Not Connect to Share: Unauthorized” message. I can see my wife’s iTunes folder on my Mac using Finder and all the permissions seem to be in place on my wife’s computer. Thoughts on how to allow Roon access?

Thanks again.

Hi Anthony,

Try checking out the following post. We had a User with a similar issue trying to connect to iTunes on another computer.

Cheers, Greg

Hello @Anthony_Saracino,

As Greg mentioned, following those steps will get you on the right path. If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you. I have done all of that (except for the Windows File Sharing because there are no Windows computers in our network). I am able to access my wife’s smb-shared folder from my computer via Finder, but Roon says Unauthorized. Any other ideas?

You need to do Windows File Sharing as well. When you click the check box next to your Mac account login name, it’ll ask you your password for the account name. You’ll need to enter this info when entering the share info in Roon.

Cheers, Greg

OK, thank you, that worked! Interestingly, in only worked when I entered my wife’s first and last name with no caps and no space between names. It did not work when I entered it as two separate words as in your example. Any idea why that is? In any event, it works now, thank you very much.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why that was necessary, but I’m glad you got it working.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Glad to hear that you’re up and running @Anthony_Saracino!
Thanks again for your help here @Greg and I wish the both of you a pleasant day! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.