Adding music libary to a new NUC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC 8i7BEH in an Asaka X8 fanless case
Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
D-Link modem G225 connected with ethernet

Description Of Issue

Hello. I have just set up my NUC 8i7BEH in an Asaka X8 case. Roon core is on a Samsung 970 PRO 512GB with 16GB of ram. Internal storage is a 2TB spinning hard drive. Previously I had my Roon core and music on a Mac Mini 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7.
The NUC is on my network and has found and imported my Tidal files.
I also want to add my iTunes music folder from my Mac so that the NUC can copy my music library to its internal hard drive.
When I go to the storage tab to add a folder my Mac does not appear. Do I have to add a network share? I have tried copying the path /Users/tom/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media but It keeps failing
Thanks in advance, Tom

Hi Tom,

If you’re adding a location in Settings > Storage, then you’re telling Roon to look for your iTunes music on the Mac and play it from there.

From what you wrote, it looks like you want to just copy your ripped iTunes music over to the ROCK internal storage.

If that’s the case, you want to open a ROCK storage folder window and drag and drop the music from your iTunes folder to the internal storage. Check out Method #2 in this kB article.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg.
Thanks, that worked. I am copying now.
Regards, Tom

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.