Adding music to library - Not working!

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-4460 3.20GHz, 24GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN. Using Unifi system with wired LAN

Connected Audio Devices

Files are locally on this computer. Not using any other devices to connect to Roon.

Number of Tracks in Library

Dont know, 120 000 tracks mayby.

Description of Issue

Roon core scans my locally folders and add some albums then it suddenly stopps and nothing happens until i restart Roon.
Sometimes Roon freezes and stopps working no matter how long i wait. I have to close roon core by force in windows.

Welcome to the community - sorry that you are having trouble. While we’re waiting for a member of the Support team to respond, perhaps I could ask for some more details on the issue that may help them to resolve it.

Your Windows machine running the Core is connected via wired ethernet to your network, correct?

Your Roon Home page (behind the “Adding music” pop-up screen) is saying that there are 57,118 tracks currently in your library, and you think that you may have 120,000 tracks. Yet the pop-up is claiming that it still has 220,840 tracks to add.

Can you post a screenshot of your Storage settings (Settings > Storage) showing the Watched folders that you have defined? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi!
There are about 62 882 tracks still to be added.
Here is a screenshot:

Have you checked for the things mentioned in this article?

Yes, but it doesnt seem to solve my problem.
Roon simply stopps adding my files and often also freezes so i need to force close it.
I dont see how that article could be relevant. My songs ar not skipped or anything like that.

EDIT: The only files that are skipped are some JPG files

I see now that i have over 200 000 files to be added :slight_smile:

If I search in the forum for this issue, I see at least two possible causes for the issue:

• some oddity in a file will stop the import process (e.g. see this post)
  • instability in the network hampers the identification process (which communicates with Roon’s cloud services)

You might also try turning off the background audio analysis (Settings > Library) to see if that is impacting the import of what appear to be a large number of files.

Support will probably want to pull logs from your Core to see what is happening, so please leave it running if you can (even if it has apparently frozen).

Im ending my trail…

I like the UI of roon and the idea how it works. BUT please!
Its extremly slow and buggy. I have tried it now on several computers that are directly connected to my main router that is an unifi.
I asked for help here and members tried to help, not staff. For me, it a big warning signal if not the creaters offer any help. Especially if it cost a fortune.
It should be so difficult to make it work with your network and other settings. There are many programs that works perfectly without going through every inch of you equipmnet. This is mayby something the Roon team needs to work on!

Hey @DennisW,

Ben here with the support team, thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Please let me know if you’d like to continue to work through your issue to experience Roon in its full capacity. I’d be happy to chat with our accounts team to see about getting you an extension on your trial since you ran into some hiccups so early on. Feel free to send me a private message if this is interests you at all!

I’ll be monitoring for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.