Adding Music to Library started but never ends

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CORE: Roon Nucleus // Version 1.7, build 571
Remote: Apple iPad // Version 1.7, build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nucleus connected via Ethernet to Fritz!Box (AVM, model 7590) router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Connection to active loudspeaker via USB (Kii Three Control)

Description Of Issue

Hi,
since some days I have the problem when adding new albums from Tidal to my library the message comes up “Adding this album takes longer than expected”. Roon tries to do this in the background, but the queue is getting longer and longer (currently more than 500 tracks) but without any progress (messages comes up: “0 added, 0 identified” when pressing the rotating circles at the top).
A lot of restarts of the Nucelus doesn’t solve this problem!
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Stefan
Germay

Hi @Stefan_Spannhake,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share a screenshot of the message you’re seeing?

Is there any change in behavior if you try to reboot your networking gear as well?

Hi noris,

thanks for working on this issue.

I’ve attached a “real” screenshot. After several restarts (Reinstall of Operating System, Restart of Roon Server Software, Reboots and Restoring Backups) number of tracks is reduced to 28. But every time I try to add a new album from Tidal the system is not able to store it as an favorite. Only if I reinstall the operating system via the Web UI (“System Status”) and restart Roon remote on my iPad I see that the album is added to my favorites.

I’ll just reboot my networking gear, but behavior didn’t change: “Adding this album takes longer … tries to do this in the background”.

Really strange …

Stefan

Hi @Stefan_Spannhake,

Thanks for the screenshot and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, looks like I missed your response.

I’ve gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode on your Nucleus and what this action does is automatically upload a log-set to our servers.

I’m seeing in the logs that you appear to be getting quite a few NetworkError (Error: NameResolutionFailure) errors.

How do you have you router DNS servers configured? Are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

Have you made any changes regarding DNS on your Nucleus’ Web UI tab? Can you please share a screenshot of the WebUI?

Hi @noris,

thanks for taking care of it.
In the meanwhile I’ve found a solution: By chance I found out, that adding albums to the library works again when I deactivate the access to my NAS! It is not a real NAS it’s only an USB storage on the AVM FritzBox router which works like a NAS. In the past I had no problem with it, but I remember that a SW update for the router was installed and the problem is somehow linked with this update. Now I connect the USB device directly to the Nucleus and everything is fine. Nevertheless I have no explanation why adding albums from Tidal to the library is linked to the NAS …

Thanks for your effort!

1 Like

Hi @Stefan_Spannhake,

That is very strange behavior indeed, but in any case, glad that this sorted the issue out!
If you run into any other difficulties, just let us know and we’d be happy to take a look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.