Adding Music To Library - Wheel Keeps Spinning

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.7 (build 571) stable (64bit)
Intel NUC-Kit NUC8i7BEH
Win10 Pro, x64 (Version 1903 (Build 18363.959)
Proc: i7-8559U
RAM: 32 GB
Audio files (1.250.266 tracks) on lan connected Synology Raid5 NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

connection to NAS via LAN
Netgear 10 Gbit Switch, 10 Gbit NAS-Port (Synology Network Card)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Oppo HA-2, USB to Raspberry PI (Ropieee, WiFi or LAN)
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital to Raspberry PI (Ropieee, WiFi or LAN)
Hifiberry DAC+ Pro (LAN)

Description Of Issue

The blue wheel towards the upper right corner keeps spinning. The message box shows „Adding Music Library: complete“. New Albums are added and shown on the overview screen and found using the search. But the number of albums, tracks eq is not updated and the wheel keeps spinning.

Try restarting the roon server.

after a restart it shows the same behavior
in the log file no real activity (Info: [stats] 18103mb Virtual, 12186mb Physical, 4508mb Managed, 5615 Handles, 74 Threads…)

Hello @Berthold, could you send me a screenshot of the window that appears when you click on the spinning blue circle? Sounds like it got stuck on a file.

Hello @nuwriy, here it is2020-08-06 21_39_45-Window
do you have a pattern i can search for in the log file?

Hello @Berthold, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link. Thanks, and please let me know when you’ve done this so I can get the report over to the team.

Hello @nuwriy, i have uploaded some logs

Hello @nuwriy, do you have any news? are the logs ok?

Hello @nuwriy, I have a similar problem. Roon sees I have added music to my library, but seems to get stuck on the first file: it has been identifying the first of many tracks for weeks now (still has 0 files identified). Should I start a separate support thread for this, or send a PM, or keep it in this thread?

Separate thread.

1 Like

Hello @Berthold, my apologies for the delayed response. I sent your information over to our QA team for an investigation but they noted that the import had finished and was scanning the tracks from a large library. Is the scanning process still continuing?

Hello @nuwriy, unfortunately the scanning process is still continuing and the number of tracks/albums is not updated.

Hello @Berthold, my apologies for the delay. could you please send us a new screenshot of the scanning process so I can bring it to the team for further input? I’m also going to enable diagnostics for your account to collect fresh data.

Hello @nuwriy, as you can see the numbers changed a little bit, but the behavior is still the same roon_201008

Thanks @Berthold, I’ve updated your ticket with a new set of diagnostics and this image and will return when I have the team’s feedback!

Hi @nuwriy, is there any progress? The wheel is still spinning and spinning…

Hello @Berthold
Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team has been assigned and is still looking into the issue.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @nuwriy, the progress display has changed, but the wheel is still spinningroon_201124

Hello @Berthold,

We’re seeing some issues in the diagnostics we collected related to an extension using the Roon API. Can you try disabling any extensions in use, reboot, and let us know if you’re seeing the same issue? I’d like to collect new diagnostics once you’ve done so, thanks!

Hello @nuwriy, all extensions are disabled. Only the Extension Manager ist running (Extension Repository loaded).