Adding Music to ROCK

Core Machine
Nuc8i7BEH running ROCK on SSD with an internal SSD drive for the music.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Got my NUC up and running. Codecs are in and and formatted the internal storage drive.

I currently have Roon running on a QNAP NAS and will be using the NUC at a different location.

My plan is to log into my Roon account when I am at the new location and use the NUC and then log into my account using my QNAP when I am back at the location with the QNAP.

I tried migrating to ROCK using the Roon knowledge base but it did not work.

My question is since I will not be using the QNAP and NUC on the same network can I just add music albums to the NUC or does my account need both of these to run off the same backup?

Not sure I am understanding how it works when using the same account.

I’m not sure I understand the question. However, you need to backup your existing Roon core to a USB drive or thumb drive. Then, after installing the Roon core software on your NUC, you can restore Roon from the backup to the new core. I’m pretty sure, but not certain, that while doing all of this, you will need both devices connected to the same network. Somewhere in this process, you will need to deactivate your existing Roon core and activate the new Roon core on your NUC, as you can only have one active Roon core at a time.

You will also need to copy your music files from somewhere to your new NUC device. The NUC will need a separate SSD drive installed for the sole purpose of storing your music files. Using the Roon core on the NUC, you will want to point the Roon core at your “watched” music folder for the NUC.

Once all this is done, you can unauthorize the NUC core and reauthorize the QNAP core and be back to normal operation at your current location.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.