Adding NAS as music storage folder

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
sonicTransporter i5, Roon v1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) ultraRendu, Netgear GB switch, 1GB internet. All components are connected via ethernet jack

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hi,
I just got my sonicTransporter set up and I’m trying to add my NAS stored music library in Roon and I am not able to.

I"m sure that @agillis would be able to help as well.

But, until then, have you reviewed the Roon FAQ about adding a NAS

Thank you for the quick response. I have read the “how to” articles on Roon setup for NAS. I have also searched YouTube but nothing is working.

While you are waiting for Andrew to help, are there any settings on your NAS related to SMB version? SMB 1.x is now considered a security risk so may be disabled. SMB 2.0, 2.1 and 3.x are all good. Make sure all from 1.x and up are enabled on your NAS - if you can configure it…

Post some screenshots of what you have entered into roon.

I am on the Western Digital site now and I can’t really tell how to get to the SMB settings updated. only see SMB instructions for

What NAS are you using?

WD My Cloud Home

Here they are

Thank you for your assistance. I was able to get things to work.

Great. Good to hear you have it working.

Thank you. The sound is so much more natural than my NUC.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.