Adding new music

Hi

Rock doesn’t seem to add new music unless I force a rescan. My music sits on a NAS on a wired network. When I had roon server on a windows pc and I added music to the nas it appeared straight away

Thanks

Rock doesn’t seem to add new music unless I force a rescan. My music sits on a NAS on a wired network.

similarly :frowning:

It seems to be a common issue with some NAS systems. From the KB article on Storage options for ROCK:

Most NAS devices do a poor job reporting changes to Roon, which may necessitate more frequent rescans in order to detect newly added content

I had this as well it got really annoying but when I thought about it also never updated Logitech Media Centre either when I used that. Now I use local attached USB disk and just back up my library to the NAS and it updates instantly.

I have a separate post on this. I have a network HD connected to the ROCK core with an external network switch outside my house. I have to force rescan everytime I add new music.

Whilst it may be true about a NAS being poor at reporting changes back to to Rock it doesn’t answer the question of why this wasn’t an issue when I was running the roon server on windows. Im not bagging ROCK, I’m just curious as to why the widows implementation seems better in this respect.

What exactly is a nas expected to report to ROON? I’d have thought that Roon would poll the store for music not vice versa.

Settings->Storage->Force Rescan->Automatic Rescan Interval

Same issue here. Synology NAS connected to Windows PC via Ethernet.