Adding Tidal album to library looses metadata

When you add a Tidal album with multiple artists to your library, you loose the artists information for individual tracks - each track is then by ‘Various Artists’. You know who the individual artists are when you first find it on Tidal but not once you’ve added it to your library.

Hi @John_Adam,

Can you share some details and screenshots of what you’re seeing for a specific album where this is occurring?

Try it yourself. Find ‘Serial Chillers’ - Various Artists or ‘Hector And The Search For Happiness’. Before adding to your library note the band name under ‘Performed by’. Now add the album to your library - it’s gone. And it’s not available under the three dots. Screenshots attached for Serial Chillers

Thanks for the screenshots here, @John_Adam.

Just to verify, this occurs for all various artist albums for you? I tried adding this album myself and didn’t see the same behavior, so I’ve passed this along to the technical team for investigation.

Thanks,
Dylan

Wow that’s a surprise. Offhand I can’t think of any other Tidal ‘Various Artists’ I’ve added. 'Spose you need this then:-
Windows 7 Home Premium
64 bit

Hi @John_Adam,

The tech team has been looking into this and have also not been able to reproduce this behavior. Moving forward, they were hoping you could do the following:

• Reboot your Core
  • Delete this album in Roon
  • Add this album once more and make a note of the time you do so

Respond here with that timestamp and we will enable diagnostics on your account.

Thanks,
Dylan

Just did it . Same results
19.49 25/052019 (British Summer Time)

Presume that by ‘Reboot your core’ you mean power off the Melco and Nucleus and quit & re-start roon.

Hi @John_Adam,

Thanks for the timestamps here. Diagnostics have been enabled and the team will review the diagnostics report. I’ll be sure to reach out ASAP when I receive their feedback.