After power outage, Roon unable to find core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac/macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 acting as core, Roon version 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi router - Arris NVG589, AT&T Broadband via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RoPieee via WiFi

Description Of Issue

After a power outage, Roon is unable to find iMac Core. If I select “use this mac as a core” and log in, it tells me I’m already signed in. I’ve reloaded from the most recent backup, but no change.

After a a brief or long power outage it seems to be advisable to reboot everything in chain. Start with your modem, your wireless modem, the device where your core resides and your endpoint(s). Occasionally you may have to repeat it.

Hi @Samuel_Joplin,
Welcome to the forum!

Are you presented with an “Unauthorize” screen, or what exactly do you see?
If you Unauthorize the previous Core and re-authorize it, does that allow you to login?

Seems to a common problem, lately.

Thanks guys, unauthorizing the core did the trick. Didn’t have to do anything else, simply clicked “unauthorize core” and eveyrthing came back.

1 Like

Hi @Samuel_Joplin,

Thanks for letting us know that Unauthorizing the Core resolved this issue!

Power outages can sometimes cause issues with Roon if it leaves the database in an unstable state. I would suggest adding a UPS unit if you live in an area prone to power outages.

Just as an extra precaution, can you please use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs? I would like to review them, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for sending those logs over @Samuel_Joplin, the database is intact as far as I can tell which is a good sign, I would still look into the UPS if you live in an area prone to power surges.

I did also notice a few Name Resolution Failures not enough to be alarming, but you may want to change your DNS servers on the router to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS for more stable connectivity.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.