After restoring from back up, still seeing "There was an issue loading your database"

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Home
Dell XPS 8940
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz
16GB Memory
256GB Storage / 2TB SSD / 5TB Storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Music files stored on ethernet connected QNAP TS-251 2-Bay (4TB x2) Personal Cloud NAS.
I do use WiFi to access Roon around the house, via MacBook Pro and Android phone.

Connected Audio Devices

Streaming to an Apple Airport Express and a Mu-so Qb 2nd Gen

Library Size

30,289 MP3s, 208 Gigs

Description of Issue

This morning, my Dell machine encountered some issue (I wasn’t looking), and had a blue error screen suggesting a restart. After the forced restart, Roon showed, “There was an issue loading your database.”

I’ve now followed all the steps to reinstall Roon and then restore from back up (last stable was from this morning, Aug 23). Upon starting Roon after restore, I have the same “There was an issue loading your database” message.

All other elements of my music playback and storage are operating fine (iTunes, etc). And there’s more than 30% space free on my QNAP. Near 50% free on the Dell 2TB OS hard drive.

Your help is appreciated.
Noah

Do you have an older database backup to try?

Hi @Noah_Weiner

I’d definitely try an older backup if you have one available.

I’d also run some checks on your drive and RAM to see if there is any chance they might be failing.

@dylan,

Thankfully, yes, I do have older backups (weekly), and my Aug 16 backup just restored fine. Not too worried now about it rescanning and updating the newer music and such since that date - which I presume it will now do on its own. Is that a safe presumption?

All checks on drive and RAM have been and continue to be fine. But I will keep a look out for that odd Windows error message that triggered the need for a forced restart leading to the database issue.

It’s comforting to know that if I bump into this again, I have the clean backup from the 16th on hand. I just hope this doesn’t become a regular occurrence.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Noah

Hi Noah,

If you haven’t yet, I would suggest reviewing the logs in Windows Event Viewer. It should have some clues as to what caused the blue screen.

1 Like