After upgrade to build 262 playlist seems to be deleted?

After I upgraded Roon to build 262, I can not access my Playlists anymore via the hamburger menu. Strangely enough, when I look at a particular album song that I added to one of those playlists, I see the name of the Playlist at the song and I can zoom to to the full Playlist. But, via the hamburger menu it remains an empty list. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi, @Werner_van_der_Meer, thanks for the report, I’m sorry, but could you please specify, what do you mean by saying that you cannot access you playlists via hamburger menu?

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks for your question Ivan. With the hamburger menu I’m referring to the menu icon on the left top of the Roon application (e.g. the Roon Remote or Roon Server UI). When you click this you get several menu options. Somewhere below is the option for ‘Playlists’, which in my case was empty since the last upgrade of the Roon software, whereas I could still access it via an individual song in one of the albums that I added to a playlist. So apparently it’s not completely deleted, but simply when you access the Playlists via the menu, it’s gone.

Thanks, @Werner_van_der_Meer! One more question, how many profiles in Roon do you have?

Thanks!

Ivan

I’ve defined 3 profiles on my Roon Server, where 1 profile has 5 playlists, 1 profile has 1 playlist and 1 profile as 0 playlists.

Thanks, for the information, @Werner_van_der_Meer! The playlists are profile related objects, so make sure the current profile which playlist are viewed in the playlist browser is not the third one with no playlist. Let’s see if that solves your problem. Here’s the short instruction, how to make it:

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @Ivan, I looked at the list of Playlists, but the ‘My Playlists’ option was checked. When I enabled the ‘Shared Playlists’ option (moving slider to right), I did see all playlists of all profiles. Strangely enough, the list became empty again once I disabled the ‘Shared Playlist’ option again. This happened both on the Roon Remote software on Android and on the the Roon Server on my Windows PC.

But… after I’ve updated my Windows 10 Pro version to the latest build of the fast lane (forgot to make a note of the buildno.), it worked perfectly again. Not sure why, but so far I can access my playlists again under each profile. Still it’s weird why it happened… but for now it’s solved on my PC.

Thanks for your help so far!
Werner.

Hi, @Werner_van_der_Meer, it’s a strange case, but I’m glad that it worked for you. Wouldn’t you mind keeping us updated on this subject, and post here if anything weird happens again? Thanks!

Ivan

I’ll let you know if something weird happens again!

Regards,
Werner.

1 Like