After upgrading to latest Mac software trouble with Roon

Hi Richard,
IP addresses are usually handed out in an automated fashion by the DHCP server, this usually runs in a home network on the router. The IP addresses are leased meaning there is a end date when it has to be renewed. If the device is not available or connected with the DHCP server in a window of time when the lease is up, the DHCP server will release that IP into the general pool of available numbers. The next time that device logs in, it might get a new IP address.
None of the above process has anything to do with Roon.

Rugby,
Iā€™m right in the middle of trying to fix a problem with my setup and Roon I was told that Roon techs would monitor my core to try to fix the problem, my question about that monitoring and would or could it change my IP address after all these years.

I believe the monitoring you refer to is that they get sent your RoonServerā€™s log files. @dylan will be able to be more specific on that.

I have no idea thatā€™s why iā€™m asking questions. I noticed this morning the IP address had changed an I could no longer access my headless MacMini after several years.

Hi @Richard_Thorpe,

Activating diagnostics mode should not change your IP address, all it does is automatically upload a set of diagnostics from your Core to our servers. I believe that Rugbyā€™s comment is correct, it seems like your DHCP IP address lease expired and your router assigned you a new address.

Since this thread got merged with another one, Iā€™m not quite sure where you stand in troubleshooting, have you tried clearing the upcoming queue as I mentioned? If that did not help, did you start with a fresh database and are still experiencing the same issues?

Thanks,
Noris

I tried both things you suggested and no change. I believe there is a problem with the new software upgrade from Apple. My devices that were not upgraded work fine.

Hi @Richard_Thorpe,

Itā€™s possible but I have not heard of any other reports of this issue. Hmm, I wonder what the Logs are showing, can I please ask you to use these instructions to send us the logs from your Macbook? If you donā€™t have Google Drive or Dropbox just let me know and I can provide an alternate method.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.