Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon - Nucleus+ Music Server Version 1.7 (build 505)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet Cable to my ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900-AC
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB Cable from Roon - Nucleus+ Music Server to Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Description Of Issue
I use an iPad iOS 13.1.3 as our remote to run the Roon - Nucleus+ Music Server. Thursday 11-28-19 when turning on Roon on the iPad there was a message to upgrade to Version 1.7. I did the upgrade, which upgraded the Nucleus+. We listened to music, using the Mytek Brooklyn DAC as the Audio Zone, for about 30 minutes. Turned everything off.
Came back yesterday, Thursday 12-5-19 to listen to music. Now the Mytek Brooklyn DAC is not an Audio Zone and after several times unplugging everything and assuring all cables are securely connected the Mytek Brooklyn DAC can’t be discovered as an Audio Zone.
What did this Version 1.7 upgrade do to my system? If the Nucleus+, which cost me $2,498.00 in September 2018, can’t now discover and thus make use of the Mytek Brooklyn DAC, the entire Roon system is absolutely worthless and unusable!
Everything worked fine and very stable until this upgrade was rolled-out. Now between the cost of the Nucleus+ and my $500 life-time Roon membership, I’ve wasted $3,000, unless someone helps me fix this problem. I’ve tried everything I can think of, and now I’m down to a Support thread. I don’t see an option to go back to the prior Roon version where everything worked properly.
Please help! What a mess!
Try switching on the DAC then the roon server and see if it is recognised.
Thanks Ged for the suggestion. Unfortunately the DAC was still not recognized using this approach.
I’ve tested the USB cable by using it to print a document from my PC, so I assume it’s not the problem. As I noted in my post, my problem started after the v1.7 install. Maybe that’s not the cause; however, I wonder if the discovery functionality in that software, at least on my Nucleus+, is missing some code. Not had time to research to see if others are having same problem.
As you can see, no help from Roon Support. I know it’s the weekend, but a quick note from somebody’s mobile device would at least indicate a hint of an interest.
Thanks again for your interest in my troubles. My Nucleus+ has turned from the center of my musical entertainment to a $3,000 dust collector. Hope Support can fix this mess!
I’ll try to reply to my original post with images to show that both my iPad and PC in the Audio section of Settings shows the Brooklyn can’t be found.
Have you rebooted all of the equipment including the router?
Can you play to the iPad and the PC?
Thinking more… Can you attach the Brooklyn to the pc and see if it is recognised there.
Images from both my iPad and PC that show the Mytek Brooklyn DAC is not being discovered. Also, the blue refresh button on the iPad has been hit numerous times in an effort to find the Brooklyn.
I had similar issue after upgrading to 1.7. In addition to the DAC not being discovered by Roon (empty Audio tab in settings) I could not see any of my albumbs in my library. The only solution to solve these issues was complete reinstall of RoonServer and fresh import of my music library. The dawnside of it was that I lost all manually made changes to albums tags and losts playlists. I spend enourmous amount of time for manual tagging of my close to 1000 DSD library and everything was gone. I wished to have more robust upgrades in future that will not couse these type of issues to the users.
That did it!!
A take-down of Nucleus+, the Brooklyn and my Router must have refreshed everything sufficiently for the Nucleus+ to see the Brooklyn.
Thank you for all your so very valuable assistance!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.