After Windows 10 Update Backup Folders Not Available

SonicTransporter i5

TEXT GOES HERE

Comcast High Speed Internet
TEXT GOES HERE

Lumin, Squeezebox, Bluesound, Bryston BDP*

TEXT GOES HERE

After the latest Windows 10 update ( 07-12-20 ) I can no longer access the backup locations on two external hard drives. The drives are still both shared. The computer still has the same IP Address.
When I try to access the backup locations I get the message Error Loading Folder Not Found. Tried to “Add Network Share” with just the computer IP Address. That failed.
Nothing is being blocked by ESET Security Software.

Thanks for any help. Rich
TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Richard_Parks,

Can you try to remove these folders as shared and re-add share them via Windows?

Hi Richard,

You might try these to see if gets things working again:

1. SMB 1 enabled as Windows updates usually turns it off.

To enable SMB1 on Windows 1803 workstations:
Search in the start menu for ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ and open it
Search for ‘SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support’ in the list of optional features that appears, and select the checkbox next to it.
Click OK and Windows will add the selected feature. You’ll be asked to restart your computer as part of this process

and if you are running Windows Pro or Enterprise

1. Enable Insecure Guest Logons

In Windows 10 Pro:
Within the run box, type “gpedit.msc”

Within the local Group Policy Editor, select “Administrative Templates”

Select “Network”

Select ”Lanman Workstation”

Double click “Enable Insecure guest logons” option

Tick the “Enable” option

Select OK

1 Like

Daniel:
SMB was already checked. Tried the SMB path and it worked. Guess I was just stuck on using the other method and wondering why it did not work.

Thanks for your help. Rich

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Parks,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved. If you run into further difficulties, please do feel free to reach out once more!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.