Again: Metadata Improver: halted. Roon needs a software update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Gigabyte Brix BSi7HA-6500 OS Euphony Roon Build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear nighthawk router, EtherRegen, ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NUC endpoint Euphony StylusEP, USB to Ayre QX-5 Twenty.

Description Of Issue
It has been submitted by others, but just now I got an error message too, stating: “Metadata Improver: halted. Roon needs a software update”

1 Like

Hello @Bluebeat, thanks for the setup details! We have seen this message in the past when there’s an issue with the user’s network setup. Could you provide the model number of the router and EtherRegen switch? I’d like to see if that switch is managed. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver Issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon core does not recognize my account and does not play from Qobuz anymore after software update

Hi @nuwriy,

The Netgear router is the R7000. The EtherRegen is an unmanaged switch. https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen Both always worked impeccable.

I did a few restarts of the Rooncore and the endpoint, the error message disappeared after that, and hasn’t resurfaced (yet).

Hey @Bluebeat, thanks for the details, let me know if this issue returns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.