Airplay and Sonos devices disappearing intermittently following 1432 update (ref#EWYTE7)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· My device used to show up in Settings > Audio, now it's gone

Describe the issue

After the 1432 update, my airplay device disappeared. I reinstalled Roon to a "supported" infrastructure and they reapeared, but after 2 weeks they are gone again and I cannot get them to show again.

It was working fine before the update. After the update, I noticed the Sonos streaming audio device (which I didn't used) was gone as well.

Describe your network setup

On last iteration, Roon is on a ROCK dedicated server (no VM) connected straight to the switch serving my Sonos (same VLAN for everyone). Roon cannot see the Sonos, neither in Airplay mode nor in Sonos streaming mode.

The router is a pfSense box, there is no firewall between Roon and the Sonos. There is one between the client and Roon, but this part works fine.

Hi @jonathan.drolet,

Thanks for your message. I am looking over your account diagnostics and it looks like you are using ROCK on unsupported hardware, I cannot say for sure if this is related to the issue at hand, but using ROCK in this way, is more towards Tinkering territory. If you want, you can try to create a backup and reinstall RoonServer by resetting the database, that may help clear things up.