AirPlay Devices disappeared

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.6 (Build 416) Roon on Synology NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

AVM Fritzbox 7490

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Yamaha CX-A5100 (AirPlay) via LAN (latest firmware) & Yamaha MC20 (Airplay) via WiFi (latest firmware)

DESCRIBE ISSUE

My Airplay Devices disappeared in Roon. They are still available on iPhone and work as usual. But I can‘t find them in Roon Zones and also not in Audio Setup. It doesn’t matter if the Airplay devices are on or off.

I also made a reboot of the RoonCore and the NAS. I bought the lifetime license a few days ago, in trial period all worked fine without any issues.

Hope to get help soon.

Thank you!

Hi @Jan_Berger,

Do you have Open vSwitch enabled on the NAS? If you disable this do things work for you?

Hi Dylan,

tanks for your reply.
Sorry but I don‘t know how to check if it is enabled and also not how to disable. Can‘t find anything in settings of DSM and also not by google search on this topic.

Hi Jan, do you use Yahama’s MusicCast Controller app; and if so, have you done any recent updates to either or both of those devices?

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
I have the MC Controller App but don‘t made recently updates. Both devices have the latest firmware.

Hi @Jan_Berger,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? You can share screenshots here by using these instructions.

In the past we have seen Fritzbox routers require special settings applied to function properly with Roon. Although this may have changed, I would double check this aspect:

FRITZ OS 7

The FRITZ OS 7 update includes a feature called “Software Packet Acceleration” that can cause issues with remote connectivity. We recommend disabling this setting from the FRITZ GUI.

Does that help at all?

Hi Noris,

disabled the Software Package Acceleration but it doesn‘t help. Attached the Screenshot.

Hi @Jan_Berger,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I would expect to see that kind of screenshot when there is an active firewall on the Core or network preventing viewing of audio zones. I have a follow-up test here, if you perform a Backup of your current database and temporarily host the Roon Core on another machine, do you see your zones as expected?

Hi Noris, I have also a Hifiberry DAC which can be find in Audio Zones if I turn it on. The Effect is only on AirPlay devices. So I think the Firewall is not the problem. It worked everything fine with the same setup. Does somebody know how to disable the Open vswitch on Synology DS218+ ? Maybe that could help.

Saw this on the Synology forums:

Control Panel->Network->Network Interface->Manage->Open vSwitch Settings->Enable/Disable Open vSwitch

I don’t have one to try, so I’m not sure your menu would be the same.

1 Like

Hi Daniel, that‘s it! All devices are detected again. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Glad to have helped. Have a great day and enjoy the music.

Thanks for you help here @Rugby, and glad to hear that the issue is resolved @Jan_Berger!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.