Airplay devices not visible [Resolved - New router]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology NAS DS218+, 6 gb memory, running on usb attached ssd drive. DSM 6.2.4
Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris model nvg343b0

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos speakers are wireless, Cambridge cxnv2 is connected to the router.

Description Of Issue

Just setup Roon, works great with Sonos speakers and Cambridge CxNv2 using iPad as client. I have a three airport expresses, first generation and a 4th generation Apple TV. All are running the latest firmware. None of them show up in roon. They all work from Qobuz , Apple Music, etc.

Open Vswitch is not enabled the firewall is not on on the NAS.

Hey @David_and_Linda_O_Br,

Welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m sorry this reply is 13 days late… :pleading_face: This is not a reflection of our normal response times - we’re working our way to reply to everyone who’s posted in the past two weeks.

I appreciate you sharing all the information that you have and sorry for the trouble. Are you still unable to connect your endpoints in Roon?

One thing you could try is to change the default DNS servers to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS - there is a very good chance it can help with the issue.

Please, keep us updated :pray:

Yes, I still have not seen any airplay devices in settings->audio. I changed the DNS settings from your recommendations, rebooted everything, still no devices visible. I have 3 airport expresses and two Apple TV’s. First and fourth generation.

So sorry it took me this long to reply. And thanks for sharing that information.

I was wondering if you could please check if your Airport Expresses are set up in bridge mode? The reason I ask is because this is the one way to have just one wifi network in the home.

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply :pray:

Yes, it is in bridge mode. Not too concerned about the airport expresses although I would like to have them working. I have two Apple TV’s which do not show up on the audio devices. Has anyone had any success with a Synology Nas and airplay?

Another big thank you for your incredible patience! I wanted to let you know that I have tagged our technical team, so they can take a closer look at your case and suggest next steps.

They will reply on this thread as soon as possible :pray:

That would be great.

1 Like

Installed a new modem, all AirPlay devices are visible and working.