Airplay doesn't work in 64 bit version (does work in 32 bit version)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Systeemtype x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logische processor(s)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
V10A:

• Bandbreedte: 300 Mbps 2,4 GHz + 1300 Mbps 5 GHz
  • WiFi-banden: Dual-band 802.11ac
  • Beveiligingstype: WPA, WPA2
  • 2,4 GHz-band protocollen: b/g/n
  • 5 GHz-band protocollen: a/n/ac
  • Router / Wifi-modem: Wifi-modem
  • Fabrikantcode (SKU): 847740
  • WPA2-beveiliging: standaard aan
  • WPS-knop: standaard uit
  • Firewall: standaard aan

WIFI:
|Protocol:|Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)|
|Beveiligingstype:|WPA2-Personal|
|Netwerkband:|2,4 GHz|
|Netwerkkanaal:|6|
|Snelheid van de verbinding (ontvangen/verzenden):|144/144 (Mbps)|
|Link-local IPv6-adres:|fe80::94af:2da2:103b:3b3a%14|
|IPv4-adres:|192.168.2.10|
|IPv4-DNS-servers:|192.168.2.254|
|Fabrikant:|Intel Corporation|
|Beschrijving:|Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230|
|Stuurprogrammaversie:|15.16.0.2|
|Fysiek adres (MAC):|60-6C-66-D7-32-19|

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

marantz 1530
Airplay

Description Of Issue

In the roon version 64bt Airplay doesn’t work, when i start a song (play) nothing happens.
In the 32 bt version it works perfect but i have the problem that roon quits while loading (to much music files?)

Thanks for reaching out, @Nancy_Munnik, and welcome to the Roon community!

Just to verify, do you have any other Airplay endpoints besides the Marantz? Do they exhibit the same issue?

What if you play this content to another endpoint like System Output?

@dylan
no, i only have the Marantz and the system output works perfectly.

it is only on the 64 bit version … The Marantz does nothing (in the 32 bit version it also go’s automatically on)

does anyone have a solution?

Hi @Nancy_Munnik,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs as well as which track you try to play. Then respond here with that time & track, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

@dylan
I hope this is what you need.

starting roon time: 19:27
artist: Anastacia
track: 1: titel: Don’t Cha Wanna
time error/not playing:19:32

artist: Aerosmith
track: 6: titel: Janie’s Got a Gun
time error/not playing:19:33

all timestamps are CET.
the error is not trackrelated, it happens with every track.

Perfect, thanks @Nancy_Munnik. We’ve enabled diagnostics on your account and, once the report reaches our servers, we’ll review the report with our QA team. We’ll be sure to follow up ASAP once we have their feedback.

@dylan

Thank you!
Hope there is a solution :slight_smile:

@dylan is there any news?
I am missing my music :slight_smile:

Hello @Nancy_Munnik, my apologies for the delay, but we were unable to gather a diagnostic report from your core. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Goodmorning @nuwriy

I hope this is the correct link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlBHjcRajuDtkCCSAVowzO_8glV0?e=EEnW1n

Hello @Nancy_Munnik, the link works! I’m going to get it over to the team now.

1 Like

hello @nuwriy

Great! i hope it works out.

Love, Nancy

hello @nuwriy
Is there any news?
Still missing my music :wink:

Hello @Nancy_Munnik,

Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @Nancy_Munnik, and thanks for your patience while our team investigates this issue. Could you please try the 64-bit version with your firewall temporarily disabled? We’re seeing some items that point toward a potential firewall issue. If we see success with the firewall disabled let me know!

Hello @nuwriy

With the firewall off it works but how do i get it working with the firewall on and how come it only does this in the 64-bit version?

Hi @Nancy_Munnik,

Can you try placing exceptions into your firewall for Roon and RAATServer? This should allow this to work even with the firewall on.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.