Airplay Dropouts using Linux

Any news? Thanks!

Hello @Joan_Pallas ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, we’ve had to consult with our hardware team regarding your case.

We have attempted to reproduce your findings in the lab, but we are not seeing any issues with Airplay from an Ubuntu Core, and we don’t have widespread reports of this behavior.

You mentioned having a managed switch in your setup, this might be causing an issue here:
https://community.ui.com/questions/Airplay-Dropping-Out/85c4a087-cbec-45a0-bd0d-1f2a77b42cc7

Is there any way that you can try to completely eliminate the current network setup as a variable? There are two ways we can try this:

Can you please try to use Ethernet for the Macbook Air that was working via WiFi? Does the same issue occur or does Ethernet work as expected as well?

If you have two Ethernet ports on the Ubuntu, can you please try to set each interface to a different subnet, and then use a direct Ethernet connection to an Airplay device one of the Ethernet ports so that the connection is direct from Core → Airplay device? Does the same behavior occur when configured in this way, bypassing the switch?

Please let us know, thank you!

Hey @Joan_Pallas,

I simply wanted to check in :nerd_face:

I was wondering if by any chance you had some time to try the steps Noris suggested. Have you seen any improvements? We’d love to hear back from you :blush:

1 Like

I have had no luck, I tried to use my Macbook air connected via ethernet to the same switch without problems. I have even bought a new unmanaged switch, and the problems continue. Only Core → Airplay device fails, it does not matter if it is wifi or cable.

I have installed the new beta for Linux getting the same result.

Hey @Joan_Pallas,

Sorry to hear :pensive:

Could you please update to build 846 stable and see if there’s any change?

After updating to build 846, there are still dropouts, maybe fewer, but due to the randomness of the dropouts it is difficult to quantify.

Hey @Joan_Pallas,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted, even over the weekend.

I appreciate your candid assessment of the situation. Since you are now using an unmanaged switch (or, at least that is my understanding), when the dropouts occur, would you please jot down the local date and time and grab a set of logs?

It can be uploaded here.

Thanks in advance :pray: