AirPlay problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Version 1.0 (build 227) stable/ 1.8. Build 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/Unify

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD M33
2xBluesound Powernde 2i HDMI
2x Apple HomePod
Devialet Phantom Gold

Description Of Issue

NAD M33, 1x Powernode 2i HDMI , 2x Apple HomePod are not working with ROON via AirPlay.

Every device is selectable in ROON and activated, but with the NAD M33 nothing happens . the song doesn’t start. With the Powernod 2i and the HomePods the song sees to be started, but there is no sound.

All devices are working with other apps via AirAirplay. So it isn’t an AirPlay problem. Only ROON is causing these problems.

Strange: 1 of my 2 Powernode 2i HDMi is also working with AirPlay, also the Deviatet Phantoms Gold are working.

Workaround?

Thanks.

MM

1 Like

Hi @midi

Can you provide some details on your Core machine?

Can you share screenshots of the signal path when playing to one of these devices that isn’t giving audio?

Thanks!

NAD M33
No way to start playing. No way to klick signal path (second picture).

HomePod
It seems to be starting, signal path second picture but no sound (first picture)

Powernode 2i HDMI
One of two identical devices is working (see further pictures). Second device doesn’t work. Issues like the NAD M33.

Roon Core
Intel NUC i7-7567U

I have a HomePod [AirPlay-related] issue that I reported as well. Very similar to what is being reported here as well.

Please let me know what questions you have once you grab my ticket.

Any news? Do you have a solution? Seems to be a common problem.

Reminder

Still no answer from ROON. Please - do you have a solution?

Hey @midi,

I want to apologize it has taken us this long to continue the conversation we’ve started with you - while it is by no means an excuse, it is some context so you can glimpse into the way things look from where we are: the number of threads opened in the support category has reached unprecedented levels and we’re doing all we can to reply to everyone. Clearly, this isn’t by far as fast as we’d want.

I’m sorry to hear the issue is ongoing. We appreciate you sharing the screenshots and the details about your Core.

One of our technicians will be with you as soon as possible. Please, bear with us a little while longer :pray:

Roon Core
Intel NUC i7-7567U

A post was split to a new topic: Airplay signal path shows up, no audio

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.